Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loloflatsix was talking about Intel Turbo boost Max Technology 3.0, not Intel Turbo Bost Technology if I did read the right part
4C64A07F-0A40-4271-B68A-5783077CB2D9.jpeg

I apologize for the newbie inquiry. I just upgraded my motherboard to the Sage 10G and the video card to Radeon VII. Everything is okay accept for the ethernet ports. I used izo1's efi as my base and the dual X550-AT2 are present as devices but the drivers are not present. I am assuming this because it has to be "flashed" with a driver that Catalina needs to recognize? I have read up on KGP's exhaustive guide but I am still at a loss on how to do this. Would anyone be patient enough to show me how to do this step by step or point me to a guide online? Thank you in advance.

I apologize for the newbie inquiry. I just upgraded my motherboard to the Sage 10G and the video card to Radeon VII. Everything is okay accept for the ethernet ports. I used izo1's efi as my base and the dual X550-AT2 are present as devices but the drivers are not present. I am assuming this because it has to be "flashed" with a driver that Catalina needs to recognize? I have read up on KGP's exhaustive guide but I am still at a loss on how to do this. Would anyone be patient enough to show me how to do this step by step or point me to a guide online? Thank you in advance.
See ont this post #1 ( original thread from Kgp) section E.8.2.3) Onboard Intel X550-AT2 10-Gbit NICs of the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G

Thank you Loloflatsix for your efforts!!

You'll need linux to flash the 10g ports. Look at my posts (961-965) here for some help:

You'll need linux to flash the 10g ports. Look at my posts (961-965) here for some help:

Mahalo djilid7hina. I also looked over those posts as I was searching for some pointers before posting. To be honest though it looks a little daunting to a newbie like myself. A question, is it possible to make a bootable Ubuntu usb stick with mac os? I do not have access to a windows pc. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back