Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considered that I use Sabrent Rocket SSD as a boot disk and Radeon VII, the question is: are these two Kext necessary?
AGPM injector was dedicated to iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS
NvmeFix is not mandatory : I never used this Kext on my four builds I use actually. (just my opinion) ;)

What happens when you disable the SSDT attached to slot2? I assume your XHC3 device is used in both
ssdt for a tb2 & tb3 are disabled:

pc01_TB2_ssdt-OFF_tb2_tb3.pngpc02_TB3-ssdt-OFF_tb2_tb3.png

the full ioreg is attached

Attachments

• losinka_ioreg_wo_tb2_tb3.zip
    12 MB · Views: 58
@izo1 Tx for your answer. I have another probably stupid question. In your (and now mine :)) config.plist - ACPI - Patch there are two patches: "_Q11 to XQ11" and "_Q12 to XQ12".Can you please explain to me what they are for?

My bad : post edited see post below from @djlild7hina

Last edited:
SO! About those Nvidia Ampere 30X0 cards...

Are we going to miss these beastly dedicated GPUs (we can apply same logic for RDNA2 I hope) ?

20TFlops at 499$ | 30TFlops at 699$ + RTcores and Tensorcores seems a really big leap forward. Will Apple be able to keep up with his custom GPUs we're reading about in rumors? Actually I think it's pretty clear next gen GPUs will require PCIe 4.0 and we don't have any on Intel platform at the moment (and probably Apple will not support the next Willow Cove architecture in any form due to the switch). Obviously I'm not considering AMD X570 platform due to less compatibility with macOS. Just random thoughts...

I find an error on the original SSDT-RTC0 :

As you can see on the left on the picture below on the original SSDT-RTC0 :
The value 0x04 should wrong as @Ellybz pointed on a post above :
The right value should be 0x02 as you can the on the right on the picture from DSDT
So i edited the SSDT-RTC0

View attachment 486698

[sorry for the bad quality of picture but my cat broke my screen :mad: ]

Your SSDT is still missing 72 and 73 if you change it to 0x02. Also it's not using a new RTC0 device so I don't think it'll do anything?

I believe what @Ellybz was saying was @geneshya DSDT was missing 72 and 73. I mentioned in my reply that he already had the SSDT-RTC0.aml that added those two back in.

Look at dracoflars comments in the RTC0.aml

I'd double check with an ASUS DSDT to see if it shows the same. I don't have my hack anymore to compare

Last edited:
Your SSDT is still missing 72 and 73 if you change it to 0x02. Also it's not using a new RTC0 device so I don't think it'll do anything?

Look at dracoflars comments in the RTC0.aml
:thumbup:

I'd double check with an ASUS DSDT to see if it shows the same. I don't have my hack anymore to compare
Thanks you are pointing the explanation for Asus motherboard :
I will change the post and see on Gigabyte ACPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back