Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attached the SSDT dump of the MSI X299 Tomahawk that I used. Can you please patch it?
So the case is like this. When I installed Big Sur Beta 5, after the first reboot, and got to the apple logo, the system immediately rebooted again.
I also couldn't see the log, because what I saw was only the apple logo.
Note: I also attached the EFI Folder I use. Could be for Catalina, but not for Big Sur. Tx

Not sure what's wrong without seeing a log. The rtc range looks right? Maybe someone else can take a look.

Not sure what's wrong without seeing a log. The rtc range looks right? Maybe someone else can take a look.
Actually I beg to differ ;). his RTC range is incomplete. Look at his SSDT below. It needs a remap.
PS: It does not mean that his reboot issue comes from this. Need more time to investigate..
Maybe @Loloflatsix can spare a helping hand ?:p

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 23.42.13.png

Last edited:
Actually I beg to differ ;). his RTC range is incomplete. Look at his SSDT below. It needs a remap.
PS: It does not mean that his reboot issue comes from this. Need more time to investigate..
Maybe @Loloflatsix can spare a helping hand ?:p

View attachment 486501

What I meant was he already has the ssdt-rtc0 in his efi that has it changed to 0x04...

Last edited:
@djlild7hina @izo1 Tomorrow the new RAM will arrive. Got a certified Corsair 8 x 16GB kit (the same one used by @ DSM2). Meanwhile the KPs have decreased but not completely disappeared. We will see with the new RAM. In the meantime, I was reviewing the EFI. As mentioned, I started from @izo1 0.6.0 and I noticed that in the Kext section there are 2 kext not present in the base EFI of @djlild7hina : AGPMinjector and NVMeFix. Would you help me understand their usefulness and how they work? Thank you

You need an additional scope with the pci-bridge@10 and then copy the thunderbolt ssdt code inside . the pci-bridge@10 is your slot. check the attached SSDT in the post.
Yes, I did it. I see the proper tree but don't see a TB anymore:
Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 21.30.24.png

Can you please check what's wrong?

all acpi tables are attached too (from linux)

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-2_3.dsl
    33.1 KB · Views: 59
  • acpi_tables.zip
    189.9 KB · Views: 61
@djlild7hina @izo1 Tomorrow the new RAM will arrive. Got a certified Corsair 8 x 16GB kit (the same one used by @ DSM2). Meanwhile the KPs have decreased but not completely disappeared. We will see with the new RAM. In the meantime, I was reviewing the EFI. As mentioned, I started from @izo1 0.6.0 and I noticed that in the Kext section there are 2 kext not present in the base EFI of @djlild7hina : AGPMinjector and NVMeFix. Would you help me understand their usefulness and how they work? Thank you

You can find more info here
AGPMInjector
NvmeFix

Yes, I did it. I see the proper tree but don't see a TB anymore:
View attachment 486576

Can you please check what's wrong?

all acpi tables are attached too (from linux)

What happens when you disable the SSDT attached to slot2? I assume your XHC3 device is used in both

You don't NEED to use those kexts, but I personally use them to get closer to a real Mac. @djlild7hina posted links to their github and you can find explanations there.

@djlild7hina,

Thanks for replying so either OC Config and/or Bios not configured correctly? I have XMP set in Bios and since it doesn't mention to do this I'll take it that might be the misconfiguration? I'll try again without XMP but pretty sure that even without XPM sync all cores instead of Auto will boot to desktop for a moment and sometimes I'll see some verbose script which is unusual then it just reboots.

And as my previous screenshot shows I cannot set those offsets 3 and 2, they are grayed out?

What I meant was he already has the ssdt-rtc0 in his efi that has it changed to 0x04...
I just got that log file. Can you see what the problem is?

Attachments

• opencore-2020-09-02-032141.txt
    256 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back