Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go. As usual, Platform Info needs to be filled. Have a play :)

PS: If you want to be in verbose mode : Just press CMD +V ( or Win + V ) while in picker before your boot selection.

You sir are awesome! Works for me! Thanks so much! :)

After the BIOS update 3203 I no longer have the error 62... but the computer does not boot and stops during the boot process without any errors. It doesn't come to an apple logo. I tried:
- without any TB cards
- with and without SSDT-RTC0-NOAWAC.aml
- with without quirk AppleXcpmExtraMsrs

In BIOS:
Fast Boot => Disabled
Thunderbolt => Disabled
CFG_Lock => Disabled
CSM => Disabled
Above 4G Decoding => On
First VGA 4G => Auto
Numlock => Off
other default settings

OC 6.0, config by djlild7hina (git)

Any ideas?

SSDT-RTC0.aml fix this. Thanks!

Last edited:
After the BIOS update 3203 I no longer have the error 62... but the computer does not boot and stops during the boot process without any errors. It doesn't come to an apple logo. I tried:
- without any TB cards
- with and without SSDT-RTC0-NOAWAC.aml
- with without quirk AppleXcpmExtraMsrs

In BIOS:
Fast Boot => Disabled
Thunderbolt => Disabled
CFG_Lock => Disabled
CSM => Disabled
Above 4G Decoding => On
First VGA 4G => Auto
Numlock => Off
other default settings

OC 6.0, config by djlild7hina (git)

Any ideas?

SSDT-RTC0.aml fix this. Thanks!

Yes, NOAWAC is for BIOS 2002 and below. Bios 3000+ added the AWAC device

About Thunderbolt.

With one TB card it is easy: the path in the ssdt/ioreg is _SB_.PC00.RP05 (All is working, hotplug - too). But with a 3x TB cards (two cards are not yet reflashed) the ioreg go crazy (attached) and I don't know what the path is for a tb-1, what is for a tb-2 and what is for a tb-3 to write it into ssdt.
I'll try it tomorrow with two cards.

Attachments

• me-3tb.ioreg.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 117
About Thunderbolt.

With one TB card it is easy: the path in the ssdt/ioreg is _SB_.PC00.RP05 (All is working, hotplug - too). But with a 3x TB cards (two cards are not yet reflashed) the ioreg go crazy (attached) and I don't know what the path is for a tb-1, what is for a tb-2 and what is for a tb-3 to write it into ssdt.
I'll try it tomorrow with two cards.

The sage boards have plx chips which causes devices to show under additional pci-bridges for PC01 and PC02.
Hopefully this helps.

djlild7hina, I know this, but ssdt need a absolute path.

Not sure what you're asking? I don't have a hack anymore so can't look at your ioreg. My example shows how to define other slots on the board. Just plug in something to one of the cards to figure out which pci-bridge it's under. Depending on the slot on the motherboard it'll either be under PC01-BR1A or PC02-BR2A.

So I am cruising on OC! Thank you everyone.

I am curious about getting a speedier boot up (if that's possible?) - I followed the 'clean up' on the dortania guide but it's still maybe a touch slower than my clover boot.

Any tips?

Thank you!

Guide for Replacing Asus BIOS Logo with Apple Logo

Note: Windows is required for this operation (Which you can most likely run in a VM too if necessary)
Attached are 2 files, the AMI ChangeLogo Tool and the ASUS Bios splash .bmp file that you will need to replace the .cap file's splash logo.

Note 2: This has only been tested on ASUS motherboards. Cannot guarantee that it will work with other motherboard manufacturers. It may work since most BIOSes are based on AMI, but it's up to your discretion to try it.

Also no guarantees that this may or may not corrupt your BIOS before you flash it. So be careful with this tool.

1. Download your ASUS .cap BIOS and extract from zip.

2. Launch AMI Change Logo Tool and load the .cap file (pick from dropdown list for file types) and click Open.

1.PNG

3. Load the provided .bmp by clicking "Browse" and selecting it to attach the new splash screen. Click on Replace Logo.

2.PNG

4. Click "OK" for the warning.

3.PNG

5. You will get a message "New logo is created". Click on Save Image As and save it somewhere safe.

4.PNG

6. Format a USB stick in FAT32 MBR (A requirement, because GUID will NOT work).
  • Use BIOS flashback to flash the motherboard
  • Check your motherboards manual how to name the file and put it in the root of the USB Stick
  • In my case I have the ASUS SAGE10/G and the manual says to connect to a specific port on the rear and name the file to WSXTG.CAP and put it in the root of the USB stick.
7. Apply the BIOS Flashback technique as described in the manual. You will see the BIOS Flashback LED flash on the motherboard and your USB Stick LED flash while it reads and flashes the motherboard. Wait until both lights are off and after a few minutes you can turn off the PSU, unplug the USB Stick and turn on PSU and then clear CMOS from the mobo and start setting up your BIOS settings for your Hackintosh. If you did all of these properly, you will see an Apple logo during bootup instead of the ASUS logo. You will still see the "Press F2..." message at the bottom, this is almost impossible to get rid of as the files in the BIOS seem to be encrypted? (Unless someone can figure it out...)

flashback.PNG

Best of luck!

Attachments

• AMI ChangeLogo Tool v5.0.0.2.zip
    179.1 KB · Views: 254
  • ASUS_BIOS_APPLE_SPLASH.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 202
ASUS SAGE/10G 3203 BIOS with Apple Logo Splash Screen

• MSR Lock has been fixed by ASUS, the only modification to this file was to replace the ASUS logo with Apple logo. See attached.
Notes from Asus
  • Update Intel ME firmware
  • Update Intel Microcode
  • Improve system performance
  • Improve DRAM performance and compatibility
  • Improve Intel RST & RSTe drivers
  • Update Amoury Crate Firmware

Attachments

• WS-X299-SAGE-10G-ASUS-3203_APPL_SPLASH.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.