Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you updated your Prime x299 Deluxe? Thinking of trying to dual boot Mojave and Big Sur on my machine
I have a test SSD for Big Sur but it's not my main system for now : I use Catalina daily but this build is not my workstation and I also stay with the old bios 11.11.55.1509.

Hi,

Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G new BIOS version 3203 is out: anyone tried it?

View attachment 484730
There is the same version for X299 Prime Deluxe :

Version 3105 2020/07/31 9.91 MBytes
PRIME X299-DELUXE BIOS 3105
"1.Update Intel ME firmware
2.Update Intel Microcode
3.Improve system performance
4.Improve DRAM performance and compatibility
5.Improve Intel RST & RSTe drivers
6.Update Amoury Crate Firmware

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (X299D.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

But I didn’t try it

Last edited:
Reminder Big Sur installation process :

Boot the USB installer , after you have accessed into the main menu, formated and selected your disk :

First step of installation : the required files are copied on your disk

IMG_0701.JPG

Second step of installation : first reboot with your USB installer select Install MacOs ( OC will find it ) : installation process with Apple logo and remaining time :

IMG_0703.JPG

Third step of the installation : second reboot with your USB installer Instal MacOs ( OC will find it ) : VERY important : this step is only in verbose mode : don't stop or reboot untill the end of the process after you'll see Forcing CS_RUNTIME , you must think that nothing is happening but your SSD light is still blinking so wait untill the reboot [ apfs-sealvolume : new process of file encryption ]

IMG_0704.JPG

Fourth step of the installation : third reboot with your USB installer select Preboot (we will fix that after) ( OC will find it ) :
After a brief instant at grey screen with mouse pointer your system will reboot ( don't worry)

Fifth step of the installation : fourth reboot with your USB installer select Preboot ( we will fix that after) ( OC will find it ) :
you're done the screen of Country selection will appaer :

IMG_0705.JPG

Fix the preboot name as explained @Ellybz here #67 :
After your system is configured , just install an app., reboot and done.

IMG_0954.JPG

Enjoy Big Sur ! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi,

View attachment 484730
Good news for ASUS x299 : No more need for SSDT-AWAC.aml with this Bios ( 3203 ) to Boot Big Sur or Catalina. You will however need the quirk AppleXcpmExtraMsrs to be set to "Yes" in your config.plist as MSR 0x1AA is still locked.

Last edited:
@Loloflatsix
Fifth step of the installation : fourth reboot with your USB installer select Preboot ( EG : Big Sur but it's a bug of beta) ( OC will find it ) :

The Volume name "Preboot" will be changed to "Big Sur" as soon as you install an app. ( Intel Power gadget did it for me ).

Hi,

Yes, I did. Picked the new BIOS from ASUS website, renamed it to WSXTG.cap and flashed it unmodified on my ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G. And what should I say:

it worx perfectly on WIN10 and macOS BigSur ß4 (running OC 0.61)

PS: have had massive problems with BIOS 3101 on this board. But the new BIOS runs flawlessly - no glitches, no hangups.

@Loloflatsix
Fifth step of the installation : fourth reboot with your USB installer select Preboot ( EG : Big Sur but it's a bug of beta) ( OC will find it ) :

The Volume name "Preboot" will be changed to "Big Sur" as soon as you install an app. ( Intel Power gadget did it for me ).

Great ! Thanks ! Works fine ! :clap:

I will edit the post

Last edited:
Any Gigabyte X299 users here that can share their OC EFI for Big Sur? Thanks!

So I tried again - flashed to 3006 but this time with SSDT-RTC0.aml in my patched ACPI folder and the same error occured! I even tried PCI0 instead of PC00 and LPCB instead of LPC0 (as per DSDT changes) and neither combo worked.
Am I missing something? Here is where it stops. No KPView attachment 484281I Edit: I should add I am on Clover 5120
bump! Please advise!

Also, I keep meaning to update to OC but keep getting side tracked with work.
And then I am not keeping up with the changes. @Loloflatsix - would you mind sharing your EFI so I can make sure I am doing everything right? I've read the Dortania guide but just haven't finished following through with completing my EFI. Since my Clover EFI is working, it's hard to make it top priority but with this 3006 BIOS issue, I am feeling more pressure to update.

Thank you!

Last edited:
bump! Please advise!
I think you should better switch to OC , the latest Bios 3105 is more stable.
OC is required to install Big Sur for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back