Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... first problem :mad:
my XG-C100C stop working

There is a known way we run it in Big Sur?

P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.jpg

OK... first problem :mad:
my XG-C100C stop working

There is a known way we run it in Big Sur?

View attachment 483427

This may work. Found this on the other forum in the Aquantia 10g ethernet support thread

* com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
* Find: 0F84C002 0000
* Replace: 660F1F44 0000

This may work. Found this on the other forum in the Aquantia 10g ethernet support thread

* com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
* Find: 0F84C002 0000
* Replace: 660F1F44 0000

yeee... but im super Noob on OpenCore :crazy:
Where am I supposed to put it?

yeee... but im super Noob on OpenCore :crazy:
Where am I supposed to put it?

In config.plist under Kernel-Patch. Create a new entry

so something like this
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>0F84C002 0000</data>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>660F1F44 0000</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>

I’m on my iPad so might not look right.
I’d start from the sample.plist and copy an entry to your config.plist and edit.

In config.plist under Kernel-Patch. Create a new entry

so something like this
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AQC 107 10 GbE</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>0F84C002 0000</data>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion</string>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>660F1F44 0000</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>

I’m on my iPad so might not look right.
I’d start from the sample.plist and copy an entry to your config.plist and edit.

Works
TNX Bro
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 10.38.57.png

Hey! I have a Thunderbolt question for the X299 folks. Using the KGP guide with a GC Titan Ridge, I have full hot swap with my UAD Apollo and things run smoothly.
I don't, however, have the Thunderbolt Bus showing up because I never flashed my firmware. Would I stand to benefit from flashing?
I read something on the CaseySJ thread that it would potentially increase my ability to run at lower latencies and who knows what else. But that's also targeted at Z390 and also folks who had trouble running the devices in the first place.

I would love any insight into this!

Thank you in advance.

Decided to move on from the Hackintosh community (again :lol:) and I'll be removing the contents from my github since I'll no longer be managing it. However, I gave the entire repo to @Loloflatsix to manage going forward.

Here are the most important parts:
Installation Guide:
Dortania OpenCore Guide
Skylake X Section

1. Important BIOS Settings
  • Above 4G Encoding: Enabled
  • MSR Lock: Disabled
    • If option isn't available in BIOS or have trouble booting, enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock in config.plist under Kernel-Quirks. BIOS 3006,3101 on pre Cascade Lake X motherboards need these two quirks enabled if the BIOS is not patched.
  • CSM: Disabled
2. Configuration
  1. (Optional) Download the Resources Audio folder into the BASE-EFI folder
    • Download the Audio folder and copy the files to your EFI folder under EFI-OC-Resources-Audio
  2. Ethernet:
    • For WS X299 Sage/10G users replace IntelMausi with SmallTreeIntel8259x kext and update the kext entry. NOTE: Requires Ubuntu EEPROM modding outlined in @KGPs guide section E.8.2.2
    • For users with I211 NICs like the X299 Deluxe, copy the SmallTreeIntel82576 kext to your EFI folder and add a new kext entry under Kernel-Add
  3. TSCAdjustReset:
    • From the Kexts-TSCAdjustReset folder, download the zip with the number of cores your processor and extract the file. Copy this file to your EFI folder under EFI-OC-Kexts
  4. SSDT-RTC0:
    • By default, the Base-EFI folder assumes you're on the latest BIOS and has SSDT-RTC0.aml enabled. If you're on a pre Cascade Lake X motherboard and BIOS version below 3000 (i.e 2002) replace SSDT-RTC0.aml in your EFI folder with SSDT-RTC0-NOAWAC.aml and rename to SSDT-RTC0.aml
  5. CFG Lock:
    • By default, the Base-EFI folder assumes you're on the latest BIOS.
    • Asus released a new 0702 BIOS for Cascade Lake X Refresh motherboards, as well as BIOS 3105 and 3203 for older motherboards that should fix the MSR lock option.
    • If you're on BIOS 3006 (Pre Cascade Lake X) , 3101 (WS boards), or 0603 and below (Cascade Lake X Refresh) refer to the Patching BIOS section. However, it is highly recommended to avoid these BIOS.
    • If you are having issues booting with patched BIOS, reflash the latest non patched BIOS and enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock in config.plist under Kernel-Quirks.
  6. PlatformInfo: You will need to create your own Serial Number and SMUUID. Instructions can be found here
    • Remember to adjust the Type depending on which SMBIOS you are using. Either iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1
    • NOTE: MacPro7,1 only works on Catalina and higher. Also enable MacProMemoryNotifcationDisabler.kext in config.plist under Kernel-Add
    • Using your results from GenSMBIOS, adjust the following (replace 'Removed!!')
      • PlatformInfo-Generic
        • MLB: Board Serial
        • SystemSerialNumber: Serial
        • SystemUUID: SmUUID
        • SystemProductName: SMBIOS (iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1)
  7. Post-Install
    • It is highly recommended to create your own USB kext. Please use this as a proper guide to map your USB ports.

In the latest release of ASUS BIOS for X299 Motherboards (BIOS 3006, 3101 (WS Boards) and Cascade Lake-X Refresh boards (BIOS 0603 and below), the MSR lock option is broken so we will need to patch it in order disable it.
Asus released a new 0702 BIOS for Cascade Lake X Refresh motherboards, as well as BIOS 3105 and 3203 for older motherboards that should fix the MSR lock option. It is highly recommended to flash the newest BIOS rather than patching the BIOS with UEFITool.
NOTE: Your motherboard needs to support BIOS FlashBack (Refer to your motherboard's manual)

1. Download UEFIPatch in the ASUS Bios Patch folder and copy latest version of your BIOS in same folder
  2. Open Terminal and run the following commands:
    • 'cd /Users/user123/Downloads/UEFIPatch'
      • Replace 'user123' with your user name
      • If you extracted the UEFIPatch folder to another directory, change the path in the command above.
    • './UEFIPatch WS-X299-SAGE-10G-ASUS-3101.CAP'
      • Replace the file name of bios with whatever you named your bios
  3. You should see some lines outputted in terminal ending with 'Image patched' and a new .CAP file with a .patched extension. Refer to your motherboard's manual (Search for BIOS FlashBack) and rename the .patched file you just created. (For example, WS X299 Sage/10G users, rename the .patched file to 'WSXTG.CAP')
  4. Perform BIOS Flashback.
  5. Double check that SSDT-RTC0.aml is in your EFI folder under EFI-OC-ACPI. If you already have SSDT-AWAC.aml, you can replace it with SSDT-RTC0.aml
  6. Double check that SSDT-RTC0.aml is an entry in your config.plist under ACPI-Add. If you already have SSDT-AWAC.aml, you can replace it with SSDT-RTC0.aml.
    • Comment (String) SSDT-RTC0.aml
    • Enabled (Boolean) YES
    • Path (String) SSDT-RTC0.aml

Custom BIOS collection with apple logo: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/x299-support.302143/post-2165616
Instructions credit to @izo1

Attachments

• OC-060.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 437
  • TSCAdjustReset-18.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 192
  • TSCAdjustReset-16.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 143
  • TSCAdjustReset-14.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 164
  • TSCAdjustReset-12.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 130
  • TSCAdjustReset-10.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 158
  • TSCAdjustReset-8.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 139
  • TSCAdjustReset-6.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 145
  • SSDT-RTC0-NOAWAC.aml
    206 bytes · Views: 204
  • SSDT-RTC0.aml
    172 bytes · Views: 189
  • UEFIPatch.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:
@djlild7hina
Can you please post a .txt file reporting all your BIOS settings?

@djlild7hina
Can you please post a .txt file reporting all your BIOS settings?

Don't have a text file but it's pretty much same in kgp's guide.

Don't have a text file but it's pretty much same in kgp's guide.

Tx, I know, but I had come to doubt seeing this DSM2 guide ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back