Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercool! How did u populate PCI devices with no SSDTs? Did you use Device Properties in OpenCore?
Pci Devices are all listed via Device Properties. I explained the "how-to" in this post:

How do you use the 4 x nvme card? just for more storage or is actually your boot drive in RAID? because I read everywhere that is not possible to boot macos from a RAID 0 drive.

I use the Asus M.2 as a boot drive for Mojave right now. I only have 1 NVMe for the moment. Works great.
If You wish to use more (4), you'll need a PCIEX16 Slot on Your Mobo and make sure that your Mobo accept 4x4 Bifurcation ( very important ). Check also your Bios version, some do, some don't. The card is a bit tricky. If you use 2 NVMe you need to place them in slot 1 & 3 in the ASUS M.2X16 fo them to show.
I have not tried the RAID 0 yet. I believe @mgregrs has created a thread for this card
Cheers ;)

Last edited:
supercool! How did u populate PCI devices with no SSDTs? Did you use Device Properties in OpenCore? How do you use the 4 x nvme card? just for more storage or is actually your boot drive in RAID? because I read everywhere that is not possible to boot macos from a RAID 0 drive.

Yes device properties is a lot easier than SSDTs. You can use hackintool to get the path. I only use SSDTs now to rename devices for cosmetic reasons like ARPT and enable hotplug for thunderbolt.

Yes device properties is a lot easier than SSDTs. You can use hackintool to get the path. I only use SSDTs now to rename devices for cosmetic reasons like ARPT and enable hotplug for thunderbolt.

You mean displaying "AirPort" instead of "BRCM4360 Network Controller" in PCI Devices by saying "cosmetic reasons"?

Sure, you cannot enable hotplug with Device Properties I suppose. Anyway I just disabled all my SSDTs (a part form mandatory PLUG EC USBX SBUS RTC) and added Device Properties and no problems. All the Properties show in PCI devices :p

Schermata 2020-08-08 alle 10.23.58.png
Schermata 2020-08-08 alle 10.24.07.png

You mean displaying "AirPort" instead of "BRCM4360 Network Controller" in PCI Devices by saying "cosmetic reasons"?

Sure, you cannot enable hotplug with Device Properties I suppose. Anyway I just disabled all my SSDTs (a part form mandatory PLUG EC USBX SBUS RTC) and added Device Properties and no problems. All the Properties show in PCI devices :p

View attachment 483301View attachment 483303

No I mean changing the name of the Wifi/BT card in the ioreg tree. Similar to how kgp used to do it with all the other stuff like XHCI controllers, renaming NVME to ANS to match iMacPro naming.
I don’t bother adding device properties for onboard devices anymore just the ones in PCIe slots.

No I mean changing the name of the Wifi/BT card in the ioreg tree. Similar to how kgp used to do it with all the other stuff like XHCI controllers, renaming NVME to ANS to match iMacPro naming.
I don’t bother adding device properties for onboard devices anymore just the ones in PCIe slots.
Understood, anyway I don't care about naming too ahahah I was just testing myself. I think I got a pretty vanilla build and I know I'll be ok with Big Sur since I tested the beta. I think I'm ok until the Apple CPU Mac desktop comes :p

Understood, anyway I don't care about naming too ahahah I was just testing myself. I think I got a pretty vanilla build and I know I'll be ok with Big Sur since I tested the beta. I think I'm ok until the Apple CPU Mac desktop comes :p

Yep OpenCore makes it really easy and is a lot less bloated.

Yep OpenCore makes it really easy and is a lot less bloated.

Definitely better than Clover IMO! I noticed your About This Mac says 16-Core | 18-Core Intel Xeon W, mine says Intel Xeon W 18 core (core count first then CPU name for you, the opposite for me). I use Cpu Type 3841 in Platform Info, do you think that's because mine is a 9th gen CPU which is not in any genuine Mac? iMac Pro got a 7th gen SkylakeX and Mac Pro got a 10th gen CascadeLakeX

Quick bit: Do you think Public Beta 11.0 is enough mature to be used as a daily driver? I'm a bit scared to update my main disk

Definitely better than Clover IMO! I noticed your About This Mac says 16-Core | 18-Core Intel Xeon W, mine says Intel Xeon W 18 core (core count first then CPU name for you, the opposite for me). I use Cpu Type 3841 in Platform Info, do you think that's because mine is a 9th gen CPU which is not in any genuine Mac? iMac Pro got a 7th gen SkylakeX and Mac Pro got a 10th gen CascadeLakeX

Quick bit: Do you think Public Beta 11.0 is enough mature to be used as a daily driver? I'm a bit scared to update my main disk

Might just be because you are using a different language? I think all x299 are the same cpu type. I also swapped to just using Generic in PlatformInfo since they finally fixed it for 12+ core cpus.

Not sure about using as daily driver but i’ve just been using it for browsing and stuff. It’s been stableish for the most part but Music is pretty buggy and for some reason my Bluetooth has been acting up in the public beta.

Might just be because you are using a different language? I think all x299 are the same cpu type. I also swapped to just using Generic in PlatformInfo since they finally fixed it for 12+ core cpus.

Not sure about using as daily driver but i’ve just been using it for browsing and stuff. It’s been stableish for the most part but Music is pretty buggy and for some reason my Bluetooth has been acting up in the public beta.

Oh great! I switched to Generic/Automatic too and boom! It works! Finally... thanks for the hint!

Yeah a bit of bugs here and there, but Catalina too is pretty buggy in the small things at least. I'll decide...

I got the Fenvi T919 which has the BCM94360CD (an old iMac card) and it works but radio signal quality is not the best, hiccups when you use multiple devices and WiFi speed is subpar. I ordered from AliExpress the newest card you can get aftermarket, the BCM943602CDP of an iMac 2017 with BT 4.2. They say it's the best you can get.

I just downloaded the folder of @djlild7hina
I deleted my EFI folder (first time without clover)
I updated the BIOS (including the patch)
I switched to the EFI folder of @djlild7hina
And I just clicked the Update button
And it works!

In the coming days of course I will get more of an idea about the performance of the system

But for now,
You just do not disappoint!
Never!

x299 Asus Rampage VI Apex

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.35.12.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back