Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Motherboard
Asrock X299 Creator
CPU
10980XE
Graphics
5700XT
Does your real Mac have a T2 chip? You might need to set "allow booting from external media" in the startup security utility in order to allow it to reboot from there during installation.
This saga is finally coming to end... but with one more twist! I had to rely on my cMP5,1 to run the installer because of the SATA SSD (as reminded by @TheBloke). After I got the SSD upgraded and rebooted on my X299, I got this panic:mad::mad:... Before I gave up, I thought I should try using my original EFI (prepared according to the Dortania guide) instead of the one provided by @Loloflatsix. And it worked! I am now typing on Big Sur... The last thing to do is to copy this BS install to the faster nvme drive on my X299 mobo. Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpg
    IMG_5605.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD 6900XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Great! Glad to hear you're on BS now.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This saga is finally coming to end... but with one more twist! I had to rely on my cMP5,1 to run the installer because of the SATA SSD (as reminded by @TheBloke). After I got the SSD upgraded and rebooted on my X299, I got this panic:mad::mad:... Before I gave up, I thought I should try using my original EFI (prepared according to the Dortania guide) instead of the one provided by @Loloflatsix. And it worked! I am now typing on Big Sur... The last thing to do is to copy this BS install to the faster nvme drive on my X299 mobo. Thanks so much for your help!
Good !
This may help Asrock X299 Creator owners.
( My EFI was on my Asrock X299 Steel Legend sorry if it’s wrong for Creator)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock X299 Creator
CPU
10980XE
Graphics
5700XT
Good !
This may help Asrock X299 Creator owners.
( My EFI was on my Asrock X299 Steel Legend sorry if it’s wrong for Creator)
And here's my EFI... The best thing about the Asrock X299 Creator is that its built-in Thunderbolt ports are hot pluggable!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.6 MB · Views: 37
Motherboard
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And here's my EFI... The best thing about the Asrock X299 Creator is that its built-in Thunderbolt ports are hot pluggable!
Yes I already tested this very good motherboard see here : #63 and #67 :thumbup:

I will add your EFI on ressources

Motherboard
Asus ProArt B550 Creator
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And the 10G ethernet port !! :thumbup:
And Intel Wifi card
And Full Two 16x PCIe, One 8x PCIe
And One 8x PCIe shared with Two M.2
And 10 SATA ports

Pretty Solid specs for Video Post-production :clap:

Motherboard
Asus ProArt B550 Creator
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To anyone who succeed to install BS on Mobo without NVRAM support (Via Real Mac) : can you Update BS afterward (Without real Mac) ?
Thanks

Motherboard
Asus Dominus Extreme
CPU
3175X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
@apfelnico found the solution for the boot issues on big sur and the error code 97.

"It seems Apple's new USB-ASMedia connection is broken. We use "ASMedia2142" on our boards, but Apple's driver is for "ASMedia3142". This driver runs first, then it doesn't run anymore on further reboots. Then the higher-level driver takes over, and it doesn't work with our chip. But the old working "AppleUSBXHCIPCI" is still in the system, which is included with Catalina. We can fix this by loading this Kext for the ASMedia controllers."

Attachments

• ASMedia.kext.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 486
Motherboard
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@apfelnico found the solution for the boot issues on big sur and the error code 97.

"It seems Apple's new USB-ASMedia connection is broken. We use "ASMedia2142" on our boards, but Apple's driver is for "ASMedia3142". This driver runs first, then it doesn't run anymore on further reboots. Then the higher-level driver takes over, and it doesn't work with our chip. But the old working "AppleUSBXHCIPCI" is still in the system, which is included with Catalina. We can fix this by loading this Kext for the ASMedia controllers."
Great ! :thumbup: