1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Currently work in process but Big Sur was easy to install :)

Using a Rampage VI Extreme Encore and 10980XE on OpenCore 0.6.3. Swapped the onboard wifi/bt with a BCM94360NG since intel drivers are in beta. Everything seems to be working so far (aside SideCar) but still need to do some cleanup and make a USB kext.

View attachment 496554
Hello mate! Could you please check if Netflix DRMs work in Safari 14 (with RX 580)? Are you able to make a phone call via macOS trough your iPhone (if u got an iPhone :) ) without having a KP?

Motherboard
Asus Tuf X299 Mark 1
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi guys i am trying to move from clover to opencore but i have a problem.
opencore does not show big sur partition, it shows all except the system one and instead one called macos installer appears.

How do I get the system partition to appear?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare EXII
CPU
9900 XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Even me and @salvatore.polito have same issues with kernel panics during phone calls. Could be something related to AppleALC maybe, since if you read KP report, is clearly related to some processes linked to AppleHDA (which is modified by AppleALC). Me and Salvatore both have Asus X299-a board, but you're on Gigabyte so that's probably not a mobo problem, maybe ACPI tables? maybe a bug with Big Sur? Anyway if somebody find solutions, share it.

Good to know I'm not the only one, quick question how did you guys managed to get the thunderbolt3 port running ?

I've fixed quite a lot of stuff with the Dortania guides, just need now to map USB ports and Thunderbolt 3.

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello mate! Could you please check if Netflix DRMs work in Safari 14 (with RX 580)? Are you able to make a phone call via macOS trough your iPhone (if u got an iPhone :) ) without having a KP?

Yep both work. Tried taking a screenshot but netflix shows blackscreen since DRM

Will make an updated post with efi and specs/config once I have everything sorted out.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Apple
  4. Classic
  5. iBook
  6. Performa
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After 5 restart the installation has been successfully completed. I recreated the config.plist according to sample.plist(0.6.3) and redownload the new 11.0.1 copy from the link below; http://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...x1n2wpf8rik5agns2z43ikqu/InstallAssistant.pkg

If you get any error while first reboot or second like "an error occurred while..." Just manually reboot the system and keep going the installation.

I attached the my EFI it has GPRW patch for sleep issue.

the system works flawlessly with new Davinci Resolve Studio 17
:thumbup:

Bios version 3105
This is great, thank you!

I managed to get it installed before I saw you posted this, but I'm running into the same issue I had in Catalina, which is my Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth card is in PCIex1_1 which is shared with the USB 3.1 bus. I have the front header disabled in the BIOS, which allows the wifi to work, but completely screws with the rest of the SSDT's for the board.

Everything is working from the looks of it, but I'm going to have to try to move the Broadcom card down to PCIex1_2 which will require tearing the entire water cooling loop out to access it. Guess I'll wait and see if the new 6900 XT works in Big Sur when they're released and just do an GPU upgrade at the same time.

Motherboard
Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Yep both work. Tried taking a screenshot but netflix shows blackscreen since DRM

Will make an updated post with efi and specs/config once I have everything sorted out.
I really don't know what happens with AppleALC, we'll know more in the future I think.

You you use WEG with RX580 or not? you you think I should buy a RX 5500 XT or an RX 580 from hassle free / compatibility point of view? I really don't need all the power of my Radeon VII, and, even if it's a Vega 20 like the Radeon Pro Vega MPX module, I suspect drivers are not the same. I really just need stability until a more "pro" Apple SoC comes out.

Motherboard
Asus Sage 10/G X299
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I succesfully updated from Catalina to BS and everything works but i've a strange issue. If i switch off the machine and i switch on again i've as usual OC menu and BS starts...if i restart the machine when it boots i've black screen and a back slash character appear on the monitor (as the picture attached!) qled code is d2. This happens only with the final version of BS with beta i'd no issue. Any suggestion? I use OC 0.63.
IMG_8254.jpg

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I really don't know what happens with AppleALC, we'll know more in the future I think.

You you use WEG with RX580 or not? you you think I should buy a RX 5500 XT or an RX 580 from hassle free / compatibility point of view? I really don't need all the power of my Radeon VII, and, even if it's a Vega 20 like the Radeon Pro Vega MPX module, I suspect drivers are not the same. I really just need stability until a more "pro" Apple SoC comes out.

No WEG since i'm using MacPro7,1. Think RX 580 would be a good choice to try since they're pretty cheap. I don't do anything intensive GPU wise and have my RTX 3090 for Windows :lol: anyway.

Got good deals on the processor and motherboard and still need VM support so decided to hack (still retired tho)

Some specifics (still in-progress)
  • ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Encore (BIOS 0702)
  • Intel i9-10980XE
  • 2x16 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3200) (Will upgrade to 4x16 of something)
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 (macOS)
  • ASUS Strix RTX 3090 OC (Windows 10)
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB (Windows 10)
  • Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB (macOS)
  • BCM94360NG (Swapped onboard Intel Wifi/BT for native macOS support until intel drivers catch up)
  • Fractal Design Celsius S36+ AIO
  • EKWB RGB Fans (may decide to custom loop later on)
  • Corsair HX1000i
  • Lian Li PC011 Dynamic XL
PCIe Slots
  1. RTX 3090 (x16)
  2. N/A (Disabled due to M.2)
  3. N/A
  4. RX 580 (x4 due to M.2)

Config.plist
OpenCore 0.6.3 Release
SMBIOS: MacPro7,1
SSDTs
  • SSDT-EC-USBX
  • SSDT-PLUG
  • SSDT-RC0
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC
Drivers
  • HfsPlus
  • OpenCanopy
  • OpenRuntime
Kexts
  • AppleALC
  • IntelMausi
  • Lilu
  • SMCProcessor
  • SMCSuperIO
  • TSCAdjustReset
  • USBInjectAll (Need to map ports once I finish building the comp. Currently testing stuff)
  • VirtualSMC
Kernel Patch
  • AQC107 10G patch (Required for Big Sur only)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I succesfully updated from Catalina to BS and everything works but i've a strange issue. If i switch off the machine and i switch on again i've as usual OC menu and BS starts...if i restart the machine when it boots i've black screen and a back slash character appear on the monitor (as the picture attached!) qled code is d2. This happens only with the final version of BS with beta i'd no issue. Any suggestion? I use OC 0.63.
View attachment 496684
This happens to me too sometimes!
No WEG since i'm using MacPro7,1. Think RX 580 would be a good choice to try since they're pretty cheap. I don't do anything intensive GPU wise and have my RTX 3090 for Windows :lol: anyway.
Yeah they're cheap, but also cost as much as a 5500XT here in Italy and that's a pretty newer GPU, I only hope it works fine (agdpmod=pikera, for example, is still required?).

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This happens to me too sometimes!

Yeah they're cheap, but also cost as much as a 5500XT here in Italy and that's a pretty newer GPU, I only hope it works fine (agdpmod=pikera, for example, is still required?).

Yeah i think pikera is still required tho I've been out of the loop for a bit. I'm still retired lol