Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here there's everything u need to know about BT and WiFi in hackintoshes :p: https://dortania.github.io/Wireless-Buyers-Guide/Airport.html my card works OOB, BT and WiFi even in BIOS.

I was speaking about wireless cards mate, not GPUs. Radeon VII is the same for every brand (should be). Regarding Navi 2 (Big Navi) cards, I thinks we'll see pretty good things based on rumors, Big Sur should even already have drivers for it. We'll see!
Sorry about that, I was able to figure it out pretty quick when I googled it later on. Thanks again for the clarification.

Here there's everything u need to know about BT and WiFi in hackintoshes :p: https://dortania.github.io/Wireless-Buyers-Guide/Airport.html my card works OOB, BT and WiFi even in BIOS.

Yeah, I know :)

This is my 4th wifi/bt card, hopefully the CDP one works the best (I MAY have tried the CDP tho, not sure). I really do need BT due to pandemic I take a lot of video calls from home and use AirPods.

Literally not being able to use BT makes me want to dump this hackintosh for an iMac 2020.

I get Opencore 0.6.3
I create a new config.plist from scratchiest still get stuck on the grey Screen
Here's my EFI
this is a known problem with the speech in the installer. Change to US (EN) in config.plist NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 >prev-lang:kbd -- (as "string") "en-US:0" or "en-EN:0" and everything should work... - dont`t forget NVRAM-Reset ;) or in config.plist -> NVRAM > Delete > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > insert the kind "prev-lang:kbd"

Last edited:
Yeah, I know :)

This is my 4th wifi/bt card, hopefully the CDP one works the best (I MAY have tried the CDP tho, not sure). I really do need BT due to pandemic I take a lot of video calls from home and use AirPods.

Literally not being able to use BT makes me want to dump this hackintosh for an iMac 2020.
My FV-T919 (Bcm94360cd) just arrived. The sticker says 1750Mbps although the connection with one of my routers says 878Mbps, sometimes 1003Mbps. I turned off the hack, removed the usb dongle and installed on a PCie x16 slot, the last one top to bottom. The Magic keyboard with numeric keypad asked for a connection automatically when macOS (Catalina) just loaded up. The mouse I had to connect manually ( It's a logitech mx master, great mouse for work but terrible on the bluetooth side of things).
Anyway on System Report/Bluetooth says everything is supported and like a miracle I'm working for 6 hours straight without any disconnection or hicccups.
I never had keyboard/mouse on bios or Opencore picker and now I have. I tried really hard to use the onboard bluetooth since it's detected but no joy. I tried 3 different usb dongles without sucess on a clean experience and I suspected something was wrong with my motherboard or my UsbMap.kext. Fortunately I was wrong. I know some users had a hard time with the Bcm94360cd. I read some whinning about it but I think firmware versions on this cards do matters.
Maybe it's a placebo effect but I feel the hack "stable-ish" more than before.

My FV-T919 (Bcm94360cd) just arrived. The sticker says 1750Mbps although the connection with one of my routers says 878Mbps, sometimes 1003Mbps. I turned off the hack, removed the usb dongle and installed on a PCie x16 slot, the last one top to bottom. The Magic keyboard with numeric keypad asked for a connection automatically when macOS (Catalina) just loaded up. The mouse I had to connect manually ( It's a logitech mx master, great mouse for work but terrible on the bluetooth side of things).
Anyway on System Report/Bluetooth says everything is supported and like a miracle I'm working for 6 hours straight without any disconnection or hicccups.
I never had keyboard/mouse on bios or Opencore picker and now I have. I tried really hard to use the onboard bluetooth since it's detected but no joy. I tried 3 different usb dongles without sucess on a clean experience and I suspected something was wrong with my motherboard or my UsbMap.kext. Fortunately I was wrong. I know some users had a hard time with the Bcm94360cd. I read some whinning about it but I think firmware versions on this cards do matters.
Maybe it's a placebo effect but I feel the hack "stable-ish" more than before.

Yes these are native Broadcom cards that are used in real Macs. Almost all continuity functions will work (like AirDrop, Apple watch unlock, etc)...but the big issue has always been Bluetooth interference which runs on 2.4Ghz.

These cards are unshielded and I have never personally had an amazing success with Bluetooth stability (that is even streaming to an AAC based headphone like AirPods or Bose QC35II's)....especially when there are other 2.4Ghz devices around.

On real Macs, iPhones and so on, this kind of interference is not an issue at all.

If you don't really care about Bluetooth stability if you have interference around, I guess the Wifi/BT cards are a must.

Yes these are native Broadcom cards that are used in real Macs. Almost all continuity functions will work (like AirDrop, Apple watch unlock, etc)...but the big issue has always been Bluetooth interference which runs on 2.4Ghz.

These cards are unshielded and I have never personally had an amazing success with Bluetooth stability (that is even streaming to an AAC based headphone like AirPods or Bose QC35II's)....especially when there are other 2.4Ghz devices around.

On real Macs, iPhones and so on, this kind of interference is not an issue at all.

If you don't really care about Bluetooth stability if you have interference around, I guess the Wifi/BT cards are a must.
I don't use wifi on my hack, just tested for like 30 mins and I didn't experiment any interference but my router is have only 5Ghz enabled.
My speakers and headset for calls/meetings are wired.

I don't use wifi on my hack, just tested for like 30 mins and I didn't experiment any interference but my router is have only 5Ghz enabled.
My speakers and headset for calls/meetings are wired.

This is why you don't have BT issues, because you don't use 2.4Ghz wifi. I have 2.GHz devices around my Hack (cameras and a router) and also that I live in a building thats made of concrete. I use ethernet for internet, though, but still need Wifi for AirDrop and other features.

Anyway, I just put in the OSXWifi CDP card and it has fixed all my issues. I can't unlock with Apple watch though but I'll check on that later.

(Also available on Amazon)...a little pricey and you can build it yourself and save $, but I'm too lazy.

I have great signal on BT even with WiFi on (Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). Very happy :thumbup:

I get Opencore 0.6.3
I create a new config.plist from scratchiest still get stuck on the grey Screen
Here's my EFI
I thought you were using SSDT AWAC like on your previous EFI which you shared here #344
I am waiting for the delivery of my X299 Asrock motherboard ;) , so maybe tomorrow i can try and keep you posted

I thought you were using SSDT AWAC like on your previous EFI which you shared here #344
I am waiting for the delivery of my X299 Asrock motherboard ;) , so maybe tomorrow i can try and keep you posted
see my post #613 - in the installer there is only EN for language - if you have other language configurated in oc like french or german you stock in grey screen...

see my post #613 - in the installer there is only EN for language - if you have other language configurated in oc like french or german you stock in grey screen...
Yes EN langage is mandatory for installation. (mentioned in other threads )
After setup you can choose other langage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back