Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the old Mac Pro 5,1/4,1 card? I have one of these and it won't allow BT keyboard usage in the BIOS, which the newer CS and CS2 do.

I'll look into BCM943602CDP :angel:

That's the MacPro6,1 card, not the older one from 5,1/4,1 and it works. Good luck on the latest and greatest! I found one on Alibaba but the seller sent me an older card and the adapter was built like sh..t!
Hi Pieropontra (Pie for short if that's okay), thank you for reaching out and your input.

1) I don't know what happened, but when I started up my system today, everything worked like a charm. I guess since it was a new install, something might of happened where the USB ports initially were not working. They all work now.

2) About the LAN ports, I guess I'll be okay using the other one. At least one of them is working fine. Do both of them need to work? Let me know.

3) I still am a bit concerned about the motherboard heatsink running a bit hotter than typical. Is this normal and will it be okay? Thanks again for the help.
Probably it finally loaded the kext correctly and then you solved the usb issue.

If you're fine with just one, no need to load the other, just to have a complete working machine, but hey! your decision here :p

If you just installed the OS it's likely it is performing a lot of background stuff. To check better, keep an eye on Activity Monitor and download the Intel Power Gadget (If it works it means your cpu power management is working, letting you see CPU temp, clocks and power draw)

Hello, flashed my titan ridge with Elias.bin and got it working with Catalina, but not on BigSur. The only TB3 device I have is CalDigit TS3 Plus TB dock and it is a good unit but expensive. Maybe TS3 is not just supported on BigSur yet? I have similar setup as Loloflatsix except running OC 0.63. I have had no issues with devices when waking up from sleep while these are connected into TS3.Hot Plug is not working and need to connect everything prior boot, but this not an issue due TS3 can handle hot plugging. Daisy chaining not tested only display port which is working fine and listed accordingly. If anyone interested I can share files for investigation and maybe someone can see what might be the problem?

That's the MacPro6,1 card, not the older one from 5,1/4,1 and it works. Good luck on the latest and greatest! I found one on Alibaba but the seller sent me an older card and the adapter was built like sh..t!

Probably it finally loaded the kext correctly and then you solved the usb issue.

If you're fine with just one, no need to load the other, just to have a complete working machine, but hey! your decision here :p

If you just installed the OS it's likely it is performing a lot of background stuff. To check better, keep an eye on Activity Monitor and download the Intel Power Gadget (If it works it means your cpu power management is working, letting you see CPU temp, clocks and power draw)
Afaik the CD cards are also in the 5,1

I have that card but bios control doesn’t work with a Bluetooth keyboard

also I remember I also had interference issues with that card too.

My AirPods keep dropping out

Curious what you meant by the "MacPro6,1 card, not the older one from 5,1/4,1." Let me know what you can please, because if there are different versions of the Radeon VII, I would like to know that please.

Thank you again for your help in replying back to me so quickly. Now all I have to do is wait until Big Sur becomes a permanent OS and then make sure that works. Once it continues to work as it is, then I will either get two more Radeon VII's and then use it on my main system or wait unit the new and improved GPUs come out here in the next few weeks. Who knows, they STILL may not compare to the Radeon VII, but we'll see. I think they will get better.

Last edited:

Alright after a bit more research seems like the CDP is the latest and greatest.

I went ahead and ordered the pricier one from OSXWifi, since the cards themselves are ~$60 anyway, add another $40-45 for the PCIe card and the extra work...so just went ahead and got this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08428ZJV9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Will report if my Wifi/BT woes have disappeared haha.

So the CDP is from the iMac (4 Pins) (even up to 2017/2018 were using it) and the CS is from a MacBook Pro (3 pins).

Most likely the iMac version will yield better results? It has an extra antenna after all (BT dedicated?).

In the meantime it looks like I have 2 extra Wifi/BT cards I need to get rid of.

Alright after a bit more research seems like the CDP is the latest and greatest.

I went ahead and ordered the pricier one from OSXWifi, since the cards themselves are ~$60 anyway, add another $40-45 for the PCIe card and the extra work...so just went ahead and got this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08428ZJV9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Will report if my Wifi/BT woes have disappeared haha.

So the CDP is from the iMac (4 Pins) (even up to 2017/2018 were using it) and the CS is from a MacBook Pro (3 pins).

Most likely the iMac version will yield better results? It has an extra antenna after all (BT dedicated?).

In the meantime it looks like I have 2 extra Wifi/BT cards I need to get rid of.
Here there's everything u need to know about BT and WiFi in hackintoshes :p: https://dortania.github.io/Wireless-Buyers-Guide/Airport.html my card works OOB, BT and WiFi even in BIOS.

Curious what you meant by the "MacPro6,1 card, not the older one from 5,1/4,1." Let me know what you can please, because if there are different versions of the Radeon VII, I would like to know that please.

Thank you again for your help in replying back to me so quickly. Now all I have to do is wait until Big Sur becomes a permanent OS and then make sure that works. Once it continues to work as it is, then I will either get two more Radeon VII's and then use it on my main system or wait unit the new and improved GPUs come out here in the next few weeks. Who knows, they STILL may not compare to the Radeon VII, but we'll see. I think they will get better.
I was speaking about wireless cards mate, not GPUs. Radeon VII is the same for every brand (should be). Regarding Navi 2 (Big Navi) cards, I thinks we'll see pretty good things based on rumors, Big Sur should even already have drivers for it. We'll see!

Hello
I tried To install BS
After the Verbose the USB installer is stucked on grey screen. I can move the mose.
Any ideas

I didn't find any thing in the dortania's troubleshooting page

Hello
I tried To install BS
After the Verbose the USB installer is stucked on grey screen. I can move the mose.
Any ideas

I didn't find any thing in the dortania's troubleshooting page
The latest Big Sur public beta installer should work with the latest OC 0.6.3 release : check on Github here OpenCore-Factory and here OpencCore 0.6.3 maybe this will help you ;)

I give a try
thanks

I give a try
thanks
I get Opencore 0.6.3
I create a new config.plist from scratchiest still get stuck on the grey Screen
Here's my EFI

Attachments

• X299 AsRock Creator OC063 MacOS11.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.