Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Jevens.
Yes. I have a RX 5700XT on slot 1.
I followed the dortania + kpg guides and I have Catalina up and running but I'm getting a hard time with the USB ports and consequently with sleep.
The hack sleeps but bluetooth keyboard disconnects. I disabled the internal WIFI but I'm trying to use the internal bluetooth adapter. I already tried with a dongle but no luck either. At the end of day I think my plague is only USB.
Anyway, I can try your EFI but my board is the Extreme Only not the omega.
Ok. will post my efi ASAP when I back home

What's the latest and greatest PCIe WIFI/BT combo card that can be used on macOS? Especially Big Sur...I just need native support with no dropouts in BT...current card is a BCM943602CS, which works fine, but I have to disable WiFi to get a stable BT signal on AirPods etc...but I lose AirDrop and a bunch of continuity features (I am on ethernet for networking)...

I have tried many antennas before. Nothing helps.

I have a Broadcom CD (older Mac Pro) card but that doesn't allow usage in the BIOS, which the CS card does. Also the CS card has BT 4.2 support and the CD doesn't.

What's the latest and greatest PCIe WIFI/BT combo card that can be used on macOS? Especially Big Sur...I just need native support with no dropouts in BT...current card is a BCM943602CS, which works fine, but I have to disable WiFi to get a stable BT signal on AirPods etc...but I lose AirDrop and a bunch of continuity features (I am on ethernet for networking)...

I have a Broadcom CD (older Mac Pro) card but that doesn't allow usage in the BIOS, which the CS card does. Also the CS card has BT 4.2 support and the CD doesn't.
BCM 94360ng.? I’m not a big Bluetooth user but it works. Check into it to see if there are any issues with lag or frequency abnormalities.

Well, I restarted the machine and Internet is working, I just had to use the other ethernet port, but now I'm noticing that the USB 3.0 ports are not working at all. Also, the motherboard's heatsink is a bit hotter now with Big Sur, then it was using Catalina. Any reason for that happening? Any input would be great. Thank you.

I got the latest Fenvi T919 with BCM94360CD and it works ok both WiFi and BT. Just be sure to buy the latest and not the previous model, the older says 1300mbps the newer 1750. There's also a BCM943602CDP newest chip, but you have to buy the card and the adapter separated, checking on eBay or AliBaba, risking the seller ships you not the right cars (which happened to me, that's why I just bought the Fenvi on Amazon).
61g6l7vwxVL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Well, I restarted the machine and Internet is working, I just had to use the other ethernet port, but now I'm noticing that the USB 3.0 ports are not working at all. Also, the motherboard's heatsink is a bit hotter now with Big Sur, then it was using Catalina. Any reason for that happening? Any input would be great. Thank you.
USB issues are 99% of the times due to usb kexts not proper configured. Be sure to use hackintool the right way. The 2 LAN ports maybe are from different brands, so you gotta be sure both the models got they relative kext in your EFI.

I'm seeing a lot of reports saying that the FV-T919 Bcm94360cd works on bios with mouse and keyboard. I don't know about the BCM943602CS but the Bcm94360cd mostly from what I read does not have any problems with concurrency where the wifi connection get in the way of the bluetooth devices, so it is one or another. I just bought a FV-T919 Bcm94360cd based on those reports but I didn't paid attention if it 's a 1300 or 1700mbps on the sticker.

I got the latest Fenvi T919 with BCM94360CD and it works ok both WiFi and BT. Just be sure to buy the latest and not the previous model, the older says 1300mbps the newer 1750. There's also a BCM943602CDP newest chip, but you have to buy the card and the adapter separated, checking on eBay or AliBaba, risking the seller ships you not the right cars (which happened to me, that's why I just bought the Fenvi on Amazon).View attachment 492744

Isn't this the old Mac Pro 5,1/4,1 card? I have one of these and it won't allow BT keyboard usage in the BIOS, which the newer CS and CS2 do.

I'll look into BCM943602CDP :angel:

USB issues are 99% of the times due to usb kexts not proper configured. Be sure to use hackintool the right way. The 2 LAN ports maybe are from different brands, so you gotta be sure both the models got they relative kext in your EFI.
Hi Pieropontra (Pie for short if that's okay), thank you for reaching out and your input.

1) I don't know what happened, but when I started up my system today, everything worked like a charm. I guess since it was a new install, something might of happened where the USB ports initially were not working. They all work now.

2) About the LAN ports, I guess I'll be okay using the other one. At least one of them is working fine. Do both of them need to work? Let me know.

3) I still am a bit concerned about the motherboard heatsink running a bit hotter than typical. Is this normal and will it be okay? Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
@osxfr33k
I need Help :)
I'm planing to build new system with the same components.
Are you happy with your build ? ( sage II )..or would you buy (sage 10G)
I personally don't need 10G
It would be fantastic if you can share system tweaks ( Bios, Efi, USB setting ) and your experiences ;)
I am thankful for any help and information.
Os Catalina
Mainboard: ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU : Intel i9-10980XE
GPU : SAPPHIRE Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
CPU Fan : Alphacool Eisbaer 420 CPU - Black
SSD 1: 970 EVO Plus 500 GB (System)
SSD 2: 970 EVO Plus 1 TB
Ram: Vengeance LPX 128GB (4x 32GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16
Thunderbolt 3 : Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt Karte
Bluetooth/WiFi : fenvi T919 Broadcom
Thanks
M