Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my previous post:

Big Sur:
No DMAR, no TbtOnPch -> Antelope gets detected but can't be accessed any further through the "Antelope Launcher" software. Networking dropouts.
TbtOnPch, but no DMAR -> idem.

In all my examples VT-d is enabled and DisableIOMapper is disabled. AppleVTD shows up everytime afaik.
Attached is a modified DMAR file you can try. I would suggest copying your EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash disk when using the attached SSDT because it could lead to boot failure.

Attachments

• DMAR X299 Designare-EX.aml
    200 bytes · Views: 51
@tedyun , @CaseySJ, @djlild7hina @tucoboy, @Loloflatsix

Thanks for the reply. I'll try this. The trouble I'm having at the moment is that the HDD doesn't seem to be recognised after I've updated the BIOS settings according to the page you sent. I tried again this morning, being very careful with everything, but got the same outcome.

I had a search around the forum last night for information and actually found one of your posts where you seemed to be having the same issue. At the time, you were on BIOS v1503 (which is what I'm currenlty on). I also noted that you upgraded to a later version some time afterwards. Could this be my problem?

The thing is I'm worried about not being able to get back into High Sierra on the 1070ti as I need that for work. Could updating the BIOS mess that up?

@Loloflatsix Thanks also for the reply. I just wanted to confirm that I'm using OC 0.7.4

Cheers,

Nick
I had the same error and with many attempts, nothing worked. My gut tells me it's a mobo issue. If you're still under warranty I would call Asus' customer service phone number and send in your mobo and they'll send you a refurb. Believe it or not, I had them fix 3 of the same mobos.

I had the same error and with many attempts, nothing worked. My gut tells me it's a mobo issue. If you're still under warranty I would call Asus' customer service phone number and send in your mobo and they'll send you a refurb. Believe it or not, I had them fix 3 of the same mobos.
Hi, after seeing you're earlier posts, I noticed that you were getting the HDD detect error when using BIOS v1503. I assumed that it went away after you updated the BIOS, so I tried the same. It solved the problem. It's now working.

Do you have any suggestions for optimising the OC for a 7900x cooled with a Corsair H115i?

Cheers,

Nick

Hi, after seeing you're earlier posts, I noticed that you were getting the HDD detect error when using BIOS v1503. I assumed that it went away after you updated the BIOS, so I tried the same. It solved the problem. It's now working.

Do you have any suggestions for optimising the OC for a 7900x cooled with a Corsair H115i?

Cheers,

Nick
Unfortunately I don't I just used the BIOS settings that was instructed here and that's pretty much it. There is some pre-set OC but not much. Honestly, these machines are fast enough for my needs anyway with using Premier, Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator that don't need much OC'ing.

Curious, when I was using v11.6 my startup times were only 45 seconds. Now with v12.0.1 my startup time is 1:50 min. Is this typical? Not a big deal, as once my system starts up, it's pretty much running the whole day and I never put it to sleep. At the end of the day that's when I shut it down for the evening.

Curious, when I was using v11.6 my startup times were only 45 seconds. Now with v12.0.1 my startup time is 1:50 min. Is this typical? Not a big deal, as once my system starts up, it's pretty much running the whole day and I never put it to sleep. At the end of the day that's when I shut it down for the evening.
Got a Samsung boot drive? They have issues with Monterey

Got a Samsung boot drive? They have issues with Monterey
Yes, I do use Samsung straight across the board. My main drive is the Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe 1TB. Oh well, no big deal, just have to wait an extra min. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully they will have an update on the OS that will correct this. Thank you for your reply.

By the way is there now a page for X299 Monterey Support?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't I just used the BIOS settings that was instructed here and that's pretty much it. There is some pre-set OC but not much. Honestly, these machines are fast enough for my needs anyway with using Premier, Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator that don't need much OC'ing.
sorry for the slow reply. Things have been busy and I've just noticed this. I was actually trying to slow it down to the standard turbo as it's running too hot. I'm not sure what the standard settings are though...

I'm up and running on Big Sur with a 7900x and a 6900 XT. I'm getting strange happenings when starting up from cold though. Sometimes, it's fine. However, on some occasions, the monitors go into standby just before the Apple logo appears. The way to fix it seems to be to switch-off and switch-on until it boots properly.

Something else that I've noticed (which may or may not be related to the main issue above) is about the RBG on the case I'm using. It's a Be Quiet dark base 900 Rev 2 with a wireless phone charger on the top. When I'm charging the phone, the RGB flickers on and off and changes colour. The charger also doesn't work when I'm gaming on the PC partition and everything is at load.

Like I say, these 2 things may not be connected, but I've started to wonder whether the PSU is strong enough for the 7900x and 6900 XT. It's a Corsair 850W. I'm not experiencing crashes once it's up and running.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back