i9 10940X
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What's situation exactly? Do You have reset bios to default parameters ? 45° celcius in idle? If yes, it's not normal, it's too hot for idle. Which processor are You have?

It's seems You have i9 10920X 12 cores. Your NXZT is a 240mm?

@Thekeko what NZXT is it? If its one of the later USB controlled models in MacOS you won't have control of the pump speed, it'll be on minimum duty/rpm.

Unless you've either A) installed some other utility like liquidctl and built a startup script to enable it or B) from cold you'd need to boot into windows, let CAM set the pump speed and any RGB settings, then reboot without powering off into MacOS and it should hold the settings but if you power it down some software must use the USB to assign the settings again.

You could be border-line with the fan and pump speed in Windows where its keeping the temps just in check but in MacOS with the much lower pump speed it could be throttling?

I use liquidctl and its works great, with my X63 that 67% pump speed it makes quite a big difference to full load temps and still remains completely inaudible.

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nice! Just curious, can you post a ioreg screenshot of the thunderbolt bus? I think bios 3405 disabled the xhc controller?

Let me know if this is helpful.
Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.10.46 AM.png

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's weird that a BIOS update would get rid of that lol

I just plugged in a USB-C device in the TB3 port and it didn't show up.

Yup… lol I think it only affects flashed controllers so there might just need to be a revised firmware or a new bios lol

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yup… lol I think it only affects flashed controllers so there might just need to be a revised firmware or a new bios lol

Maybe @CaseySJ could help answer this?

I used the Z390 AORUS Extreme firmware on Titan Ridge v1.0 card

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Maybe @CaseySJ could help answer this?

I used the Z390 AORUS Extreme firmware on Titan Ridge v1.0 card

I believe he noted that this was an issue with the Resizable bar bios. It also affects z390/490, etc gigabyte boards

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I believe he noted that this was an issue with the Resizable bar bios. It also affects z390/490, etc gigabyte boards

We should hit up ASUS, they usually do fix if someone complaints.

Maybe we can both email them separately so they see its affecting users, but I dont know how to explain the issue to them?

Motherboard
aorus master x299x
CPU
I9 10900x
Graphics
vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What's situation exactly? Do You have reset bios to default parameters ? 45° celcius in idle? If yes, it's not normal, it's too hot for idle. Which processor are You have?

It's seems You have i9 10920X 12 cores. Your NXZT is a 240mm?
i have here I9 10900x with NXZT 240mm

Motherboard
aorus master x299x
CPU
I9 10900x
Graphics
vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Thekeko what NZXT is it? If its one of the later USB controlled models in MacOS you won't have control of the pump speed, it'll be on minimum duty/rpm.

Unless you've either A) installed some other utility like liquidctl and built a startup script to enable it or B) from cold you'd need to boot into windows, let CAM set the pump speed and any RGB settings, then reboot without powering off into MacOS and it should hold the settings but if you power it down some software must use the USB to assign the settings again.

You could be border-line with the fan and pump speed in Windows where its keeping the temps just in check but in MacOS with the much lower pump speed it could be throttling?

I use liquidctl and its works great, with my X63 that 67% pump speed it makes quite a big difference to full load temps and still remains completely inaudible.
should i uninstal cam i have 10900x with NZXT 240mm
also i don't have much space so i put NZXT on the graphic card making more heat during summer

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 28