CPU
I9 10900x
Graphics
vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
that could be for various reasons, if it boots macos and it's working I doubt it's macos related (even if it could be a cpu power management problem still), just boot in windows if you can and rebench it to compare.

I'm incline to think it's a thermal issue, check your cooler for proper mounting and your BIOS for CPU setup (clocks, voltages etc.)
ya i changed paste into carbonaut tired of pasting my self lol
same result i OC 4.7 1.17v geekbench is now 9000 BIOS is latest one

Motherboard
Prime X299-A II
CPU
i9 9980XE
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Guys, how day you map USB ports now that XHCIPortLimit Quirk is gone? Is Hackintool still able to generate a kext without it?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299-A II
CPU
i9 10940X
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I checked and noticed this line. My older X299-A has the same ASM3142 chip as yours newer X299-A II but I haven't had any issues with sleep/wake without needing these SSDTs, have you figure it out how to boot and sleep/wake without them?

I never had any problems with the ASM3142 on any of my other boards - The MSI X299 Pro and Aorus Ultra Gaming Pro have the same chip but neither of those need any patches so it must be something specific to this board rather than the inclusion of the chip itself - to be honest I just followed the Dortania troubleshooting guide for sleep/wake issues and as soon as I added those patches it worked beautifully and I never turned back.

When I eventually get me machine back I might take another look, but if it works as they as say... don't 'fix' it. :lol:

Motherboard
Prime X299-A II
CPU
i9 9980XE
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I never had any problems with the ASM3142 on any of my other boards - The MSI X299 Pro and Aorus Ultra Gaming Pro have the same chip but neither of those need any patches so it must be something specific to this board rather than the inclusion of the chip itself - to be honest I just followed the Dortania troubleshooting guide for sleep/wake issues and as soon as I added those patches it worked beautifully and I never turned back.

When I eventually get me machine back I might take another look, but if it works as they as say... don't 'fix' it. :lol:
I suspect it could be something wrong with USBMap kext! I’m really interested in this board, but I could also steal a X299 Edition 30 for 399€. I’m really in doubt, I’m fine with X299-A ver. 1 but (as pretty much every gen. 1 X299 boards) VRMs tend to get really hot.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I suspect it could be something wrong with USBMap kext! I’m really interested in this board, but I could also steal a X299 Edition 30 for 399€. I’m really in doubt, I’m fine with X299-A ver. 1 but (as pretty much every gen. 1 X299 boards) VRMs tend to get really hot.

How much is the X299 Ver 2 and how much can you sell yours for? If the price difference is worth it to you, the Edition 30 looks pretty nice. Although if you do want to end up flashing your Thunderbolt it will be a little difficult since the chip is on the actual board.

Motherboard
Prime X299-A II
CPU
i9 9980XE
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How much is the X299 Ver 2 and how much can you sell yours for? If the price difference is worth it to you, the Edition 30 looks pretty nice. Although if you do want to end up flashing your Thunderbolt it will be a little difficult since the chip is on the actual board.
I can sell my ver. 1 for 100/150 - X299-A 2 is 330€ new / 210€ Amazon Warehouse Deals - X299 Edition 30 is 399€ new

Given the fact I only apply a bit of overclock to boost single threaded stuffs in 2 and 4 cores usage, probably my ver. 1 is plenty capable to stay with me for a bit longer. All this thoughts bounced in my head since I fried a 1000W Platinum PSU a couple of days ago and my machine is currently unviable (waiting for a new PSU to arrive). I thought initially that motherboard fried the PSU, but actually I think that’s impossible, a PSU can burn a board and not the opposite right?. I tested with a different PSU (borrowed) and system works. Could be the 24 pin cable being fried? It’s unusual to burn a cable but I haven’t tested it since the borrowed psu wasn’t modular.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299-A II
CPU
i9 10940X
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When my container finishes crossing the Indian Ocean I’ll take a look into it - you could be right. :)

At least with either with a an updated USBmap or the patches we know it can work well.
I guess it depends on the price you can get it for and your other plans for TB or overclocking (VRM temps) :thumbup: