i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So basically every Asus X299 board has working MSR no need to patch firmware? And every board has working NVRAM with no need to do strange things to install / update macOS? That’s great!!! This means one can choose an asus board just for personal tastes? This way a general EFI folder should be able to boot every Asus, correct?

Oh I already see sleepless nights ahead! For all of us! Would be really great to share a beer someway somewhere everybody anyone thought of a FaceTime beer? Would be funny!

Yes, assuming you're on a recentish updated BIOS from I believe last year? or year before (cant' remember lol) it should boot up. That's why I have my BASE-EFI on my github :). Should be a good starting point for all ASUS X299 motherboards.

The Sage boards don't have any internal USB 2 unfortunately which is the only main gripe I have with it. I just run a USB cable from the back to the inside of my case but I feel they are the most solid ASUS X299 boards out of the bunch + M2./U.2 ports and 7 PCIe x16 slots

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So basically every Asus X299 board has working MSR no need to patch firmware? And every board has working NVRAM with no need to do strange things to install / update macOS? That’s great!!! This means one can choose an asus board just for personal tastes? This way a general EFI folder should be able to boot every Asus, correct?

Oh I already see sleepless nights ahead! For all of us! Would be really great to share a beer someway somewhere everybody anyone thought of a FaceTime beer? Would be funny!

Don't forget native NVRAM is important.

The best board imo that's tried and true is SAGE/10G. It's rock solid and everyone I know of that has the board says nothing but good things about it.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime DeLuxe - 3105
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, After installing the 6900 XT, I'm experiencing issues with startup as it's constantly giving me:

CODE: 20 Detect Memory

Now I know I don't have any issues with my memory, as it's been working fine before. So does anybody know what the issue might be? Could it be a BIOS setting that isn't set correctly? I've tested out each stick of memory on my identical backup system and every stick of RAM is working just fine.

In the meantime, I have to force shut it down and restart and then exit BIOS without saving to get it to start up properly each and every time. I hope there is a way around this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
At the bottom of the motherboard you have several buttons, from left to right, Power, Reset, two-digit display, red button and black button, when this memory error appears, press the black button and the system will restart without errors, Regards.

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did use once the Asus Sage x299 NON 10G model. Great board.
BUT it has one ridiculous flaw. No USB 2.0 internal header for the broadcom native bluetooth. I had to connect it through some funny internal hub or routing external USB 2.0 ports.
Does the 2 x 10G Ethernet works well?
It also doesn't have integrated Thunderbolt 3.

How about the PRIME X299-DELUXE II?
- Does Thunderbolt 3 work well?
- Does the Aquantia 5Gbps LAN work well?
- Does the integrated Intel WiFi work well replacing the broadcom?
Yes the lack of a USB 2.0 header is inconvenient - it is also absent from the Sage 10G board - but there are plenty of internal adapter cables available patch a USB 3.0 header to USB 2.0. The built-in 10G ethernet ports work great with the EEPROM mod which has to be done in Linux. You'll need the right kext but full detailed instructions are available to help you through the process.

Motherboard
aorus master x299x
CPU
I9 10900x
Graphics
vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
is it normal i have this low score?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-07-03 à 15.03.33.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2021-07-03 à 15.03.33.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 33
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-DELUXE
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 6900XT
At the bottom of the motherboard you have several buttons, from left to right, Power, Reset, two-digit display, red button and black button, when this memory error appears, press the black button and the system will restart without errors, Regards.
Thank you WC, but when I tried it, still did the same thing:

CODE: 2D Detect Memory

So, I believe it may be the Mobo itself. I finally got a call from Asus tech support and they told me to send the Mobo back for testing. If you (or anyone) have another suggestion, please let me know, thanks.

The good thing is I do have a third Mobo that I can use, but I would HATE to have to take everything apart (drain the water-looped system and all the PETG water-cooling parts), to get the Mobo out and put in the new one. But it looks like that may have to happen. Oh well...

Motherboard
Prime X299-A II
CPU
i9 9980XE
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How to solve this problem?
that could be for various reasons, if it boots macos and it's working I doubt it's macos related (even if it could be a cpu power management problem still), just boot in windows if you can and rebench it to compare.

I'm incline to think it's a thermal issue, check your cooler for proper mounting and your BIOS for CPU setup (clocks, voltages etc.)

Motherboard
Prime X299-A II
CPU
i9 9980XE
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
anyone here has any experience using Thunderbolt controllers on the latest boards which have them integrate without actually requiring a pci card? I remember a while ago about reading of Gigabyte model board with native compatibility with macos for TB3.