Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested with WhateverGreen disabled and changed the GPU slot. This does not change anything. I still have the problem.

I discovered that Mac OS does not crash completely.
If I run a stress test with CineBench the 3D rendering (CPU) continues. The mouse and the keyboard don't work anymore and the date and time of OSX stays blocked.
( I have not yet been able to do a USBmap ) but if I just lost the USB ports the date and time would not be blocked, no ?

Anyone with the SAGE 10G have experience with using the GPU outside of Slot 1? I am going to be moving it from Slot 1 into another slot. Seems like Slot 5 is x16 and should be ok? Will be retubing the GPU.
I have the GPU (RX580) in slot 5 and the flashed Titan Ridge in slot 2 - all works as it should.

Yes, on Sage 10G i have the video card in slot 5 because otherwise it covers the slot 2 that i use for thunderbolt.
I've never had any problems: both with the Radeon VII and now with the 6900 XT. It works perfectly.

Thanks for that, I will reroute to Slot 5.

I have the GPU (RX580) in slot 5 and the flashed Titan Ridge in slot 2 - all works as it should.

Did you do the power mod too? I have it done, but looks like I will have to remove it when I put it back in Slot 2 and reconnect the TB cable...as well as reflash to another Firmware.

Hello @tucoboy, with permission from @izo1

Each processor has a silicon and I think a voltage, and what I would do is start in the Bios:

Enable XMP
Asus Multicore Enhancement: Auto
AVX Instruction: 3
AVX-512: 2
CPU Core Ratio: Sync All Cores
* ALL-Core Ratio Limit: 42
CPU Core Voltage: Auto

* I have marked 42 because your processor accepts a temperature of 94º and with this OC (42) I do not think you will exceed it.

Save Bios and start Windows, you need the CPU-Z, Intel Power Gadget and Cinebench programs, and I use r15 for windows and r23 for mac. Open the CPU-Z and locate the "Core VID" box, then run Cinebench and look at the "CPU-Z Core VID2" box. This is the maximum voltage that your processor uses for the OC to 42. Restart Bios and in "AI Tweeker" go to "CPU Core Voltage" change to "Manual Mode" and in the box "CPU Core Voltage Override" write the voltage indicated by CPU-Z minus a few tenths, that is, if CPU-Z has shown you 1.180 you write 1.170, start up on Mac and do Cinebench and Geekbench tests with Intel Power Gadget turned on, so you will observe consumption in watts., temperature , etc ..., record results, then restart in Bios and lower the voltage again, for example 1.160 and restart. Remember that these are fictitious numbers, you must use as a reference the score that CPU-Z offers you as a reference. Do this to improve score and lower temperature, there will come a time when you lower voltage and lose score, it is also noticeable because when you run Cinebench (10 minute test) if you look at the Watts Consumption section of Intel Power Gadget, the lines Consumption presents irregularities, they are continuous in consumption, there are drops and bites, at this point you can see that it lacks voltage to maintain uniformity in consumption, there you have to go back to the previous result, at this point you have and there you have the voltage Optimal for an OC at 42. If the temperature does not reach the maximum temperature of your processor, you can repeat the whole process but with the OC at 43, be careful because setting the "CPU Core Voltage" in Auto with a higher OC , it can cause your processor to exceed the recommended temperature, and you would never exceed 1.300 of "CPU Core Voltage Override" By the way, do not trust the temperature of iStats, our motherboard has an OLED screen where If it indicates the temperature more precisely, pay attention to it.
Hope this helps and sorry for my English, it is translated from google, greetings ..
Awesome! Thank you WC!!! All I did (for now), was stick to the basics and I had all the settings set, except for: ALL-Core Ratio Limit, as that was set to Auto. Just changed it to 42.

Also, KGP (back 3 years ago), had his BIOS set to AVX Instruction: 2 / AVX-512: 3, so I just switched it the other way around. Not that it made a huge difference, just making sure I have things set right. Now everything's OC'd correctly.

All the other info you supplied, I'll attack later, but for now, what you supplied should be just fine. I ran some tests (Haven, LuxMark, Geekbench) and nothing locked up and everything giving better results and is good for now. Thanks again!

Awesome! Thank you WC!!! All I did (for now), was stick to the basics and I had all the settings set, except for: ALL-Core Ratio Limit, as that was set to Auto. Just changed it to 42.

Also, KGP (back 3 years ago), had his BIOS set to AVX Instruction: 2 / AVX-512: 3, so I just switched it the other way around. Not that it made a huge difference, just making sure I have things set right. Now everything's OC'd correctly.

All the other info you supplied, I'll attack later, but for now, what you supplied should be just fine. I ran some tests (Haven, LuxMark, Geekbench) and nothing locked up and everything giving better results and is good for now. Thanks again!
I'm glad, all the information I wrote is based on the @kgp guide, there is some variation but nothing important, everything is to your credit, greetings.

Thanks for that, I will reroute to Slot 5.

Did you do the power mod too? I have it done, but looks like I will have to remove it when I put it back in Slot 2 and reconnect the TB cable...as well as reflash to another Firmware.
Hey izo1 - good to see you posting on here again.
I only flashed the eeprom in the Titan Ridge 2.0. Details are in post number 1844 in this thread and the follow-up posts. It is in Slot 2 and I used the Tb cable that came with the motherboard.The RX580 is in slot 5.

I used the HackinDROM.aml I generated which I modified for my system. Can attach if required. Can probably find the firmware I used to flash the chip on the Titan Ridge 2 but I thought you used the same firmware.

Also bought a Tb 3 docking station so I could test it all.

Everything seems to work, haven't tried the ethernet port but it is showing up in the system - see screenshots.

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.34.08.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.33.46.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.33.16.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.32.51.png

Hey izo1 - good to see you posting on here again.
I only flashed the eeprom in the Titan Ridge 2.0. Details are in post number 1844 in this thread and the follow-up posts. It is in Slot 2 and I used the Tb cable that came with the motherboard.The RX580 is in slot 5.

I used the HackinDROM.aml I generated which I modified for my system. Can attach if required. Can probably find the firmware I used to flash the chip on the Titan Ridge 2 but I thought you used the same firmware.

Also bought a Tb 3 docking station so I could test it all.

Everything seems to work, haven't tried the ethernet port but it is showing up in the system - see screenshots.

View attachment 523239View attachment 523240View attachment 523241View attachment 523242

Thank you for that. I have the v1 of Titan Bridge, so most likely I have to flash with a Z390 EEPROM again. Currently it's on DSM2.

So basically I have to move the GPU down to Slot 5, flush/retube/refill, then remove the power mod off the TB card, flash it, then put it back in Slot 2 with the TBC connector.

I'm glad, all the information I wrote is based on the @kgp guide, there is some variation but nothing important, everything is to your credit, greetings.
I miss KGP. He was a great guy and still is. I know (for personal reasons), he had to take a break from all the dedication he put into this particular build with this motherboard. I'm just glad that Loloflatsix was able to pick up the baton and take over and move forward with guys like Izo, you 7hina and the rest of you on this post! Super grateful to have a FAST and amazing setup! Now I have to figure out how to re-measure, re-bend and use new PETG tubing correctly to make everything fit properly, with my new water blocked 6900 XT and sell the Radeon VII's that I have.

On a side note, it's not easy working with the Asus tech support team as most of them don't have clue (like me), how to even save the existing BIOS on a USB stick. So when I update my current BIOS and it resets everything to default, all I would have to do is just import the saved BIOS settings from my USB stick and be done with it. It took me 5 calls to finally find someone who was willing to help me make that happen.

Anyone desiring to make that happen, just go to Tools > ASUS User Profile > Profile Setting > Profile Name (Name it something) > Save To Profile (Number it something) > Load/Save Profile from/to USB Drive > Press [F2] Save as a new * .CMO file - and that's it. It will save it to your USB stick so whenever something happens where your BIOS goes back to it's default settings, all you have to do it put in your USB stick, go into your BIOS, go to Tools > Load/Save Profile from/to USB Drive - and scroll down to the proper BIOS setting that you named and press YES to load the BIOS setting that you made for yourself. It literally takes only a minute to do, but took Asus a WHOLE WEEK to FINALLY explain it to me. Glad it's done... for now. :cool:

Last edited:
Glad to report that 6800XT seems to work flawless here, temps fans and DRMs included! And I have a bit of coil whine in classic amd style, just like I had in the past with Vega 64, Radeon VII, 5700XT and now this 6800XT. Even my 9980XE seems to work fine at 10980XE clocks.

EDIT: Does 9980XE support ResizableBAR in Windows? 10980XE does but I can't actually find anything online for 9980XE. Anyone has been able to test it?

Schermata 2021-06-30 alle 11.22.04.png
Schermata 2021-06-30 alle 11.23.05.png

Last edited:
Glad to report that 6800XT seems to work flawless here, temps fans and DRMs included! And I have a bit of coil whine in classic amd style, just like I had in the past with Vega 64, Radeon VII, 5700XT and now this 6800XT. Even my 9980XE seems to work fine at 10980XE clocks.

EDIT: Does 9980XE support ResizableBAR in Windows? 10980XE does but I can't actually find anything online for 9980XE. Anyone has been able to test it?

View attachment 523318View attachment 523319

Yeah ResizableBar should work. I have it enabled on my 7900X in my Rampage Encore build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back