AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
who can help me ?
MSI X299 pro ,7920X

Im not sure that its actually a USB issue, I had MSI X299 Pro and there were many misleading pointers until I realised it was all related to broken NVRAM.
(Presuming you actually have a complete set of working SSDT's for it)

You'll need to install this following the method provided by @TheBloke in post #1,063 - it is quite straightforward and once you have done the initial install it all works very well. I was quite pleased with the MSI X299 Pro actually.

This is a much older EFI using OpenCore 6.3 - I don't have anything newer I'm afraid, I switched to ASUS.

Serials are stripped and resources folder is emptied so you'd need to adapt but it should get you going in the right direction - TSCAdjustreset is set for 14 cores, you need to change to 12 but All the SSDT's and most of the Config.plist and bootargs should still be valid, as are the Custom USB maps in line with my diagrams on the post below.

USB maps and layouts - #1,384

Attachments

• EFI OC 6_3.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI X299 PRO
CPU
I9 7940X
Graphics
GTX TITAN
thank u very much!!!

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-DELUXE
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 6900XT
... When you can publish any result of your 6900xt, greetings. !!
Hey WC, Just replying to give you two results. The first one is with the new 6900XT giving me a LuxMark score of 57012:

6900XT LuxMark 57012.jpeg

Now on my other system running 2 x Radeon VII's it's giving a LuxMark score of 100859:

Dual Radeon VII LuxMark 100859.jpeg

I tried to have it give me test just doing one card, but it wouldn't let me. So, I just divided it in half 50,430. So in the end if I had 2 x 5900XT running, it would be much faster. I know Izo mentioned that it would be overkill for my system. I use Photoshop, Premiere and a couple of other apps. But from what he said that Adobe (I guess), doesn't take advantage of dual GPU's. If I'm incorrect on this, please let me know.

I just like to have as much power as possible. That's just me and knowing that I can sell these VII's for $2,200 and can get 6900XT's for $1,700. That's a $500 difference in profit that I can make. But, if having that extra card is pointless and if anyone can provide some info of how negligible it would be to have that 2nd card in my system, then I will not get it. Look forward to the replies. Thanks.

Aside from that, I'm lovin' this new card and can't wait to get the other one for my main system.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-DELUXE
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 6900XT
He's much better!
The Radeon Vii was very inferior even though it was AMD's flagship card
This generation of video cards is a true competitor of nvdia and has the power!

In my Radeon VII I would get 60,000 maybe 70,000 points (geekbench)
With AMD BOOST KEXT (unstable!) I got 100,000 points

At 6900 xt I get 165,000 points (without any extra kext)

So the performance is there!
Hey ICEV, You were right! I just did a GB Metal Score test and with the Radeon VII I got 67310:

Radeon VII GeekBench Metal Score 67310.jpeg

and with the GB Metal Score test and with the 6900XT I got 159847:

6900XT GeekBench Metal Score 159847.jpeg

This is AMAZING! Almost TWICE the performance! Thanks a lot for you turning me on to this card!

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey ICEV, You were right! I just did a GB Metal Score test and with the Radeon VII I got 67310:

View attachment 522424

and with the GB Metal Score test and with the 6900XT I got 159847:

View attachment 522425

This is AMAZING! Almost TWICE the performance! Thanks a lot for you turning me on to this card!

LuxMark is a synthetic benchmark, Geekbench is more real world.

Also OpenCL is deprecated in macOS and replaced with Apple's native graphics layer Metal. So you will see OpenCL scores lower than Metal if there are any synthetic benchmarks that have both options.

RDNA2 6900XT is leaps and bounds faster than the last GCN card (Radeon VII) by miles, except for some specific computational tasks due to the high bandwidth HBM2 (1TB/sec) VRAM on the Radeon VII.

Not only is 6900XT a better GPU, but it also is more power efficient.

I am still curious about what you are using these GPUs for, can you elaborate a little bit on what you do with them?

Enjoy the new card

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime DeLuxe - 3105
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was also with two Radeon VII, I like to do performance tests and have the maximum power in my system but so many tests have led me to a reality that nobody likes, the performance tests have nothing to do with the use of the applications in the real world, I have done tests with Premiere, Photoshop, after efffects (pugetbench) and the results are amazing, I can only say that with a 4gb Sapphire Nitro + 580 you would be surprised, this is because (on OSX) Not all applications are optimized for the latest models presented by manufacturers and, sometimes, a card like the 580 can rival other superior ones, I will leave you some tables that I created before buying the 6900xt. As for the dual process, Davinci is the program that best takes advantage of the sum of graphics but of course, only in the GPU processes, in the latest versions of Trapcode they have updated some plugins so that you can choose between CPU or GPU process, in the 3D world it's different, at least in Cinema 4D I understand that the ProRender engine supports all graphics and squeezes them out very well, I just hope that Apple optimizes Big Sur so that it recognizes and takes advantage of more than one graphic, although we have been waiting for that for a long time.

Attachments

• Comparativa.xlsx.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 23