i9 10940X
Graphics
AMD RX 560 | Nvidia RTX 3070
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Midphase - I've just updated my ASUS PRIME X299-A II post again, this time with my BIOS settings so that should be a good place to start, but I've also made you an EFI which I hope will just work right off the bat...

• Removed my SSDT-GPU-DISABLE and my SSDT-GPU-renames
  • Added SSDT-GPU-RX5700XT to rename yours, as long as you have it the top PCI-e slot (1)
  • Added agdpmod=pikera to the boot args
  • Removed Device Properties for my WiFi Adapter, you can add your own if needed
  • Updated TSCAdjustReset.kext for 18 core CPU's
  • Updated Device Properties for NVME drive entries - they just read NVME 1, 2 etc, you can update to name your own drives

Lastly you should just need to grab GenSMBIOS and generate your Platform Info and update that section in config.plist and you should, with a bit of luck, be good to go. :)

Attachments

• MidPhase EFI OC 6_8 Asus PRIME X299-A II.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 43
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299- A II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Midphase - I've just updated my ASUS PRIME X299-A II post again, this time with my BIOS settings so that should be a good place to start, but I've also made you an EFI which I hope will just work right off the bat...

Thank you so much, that is incredibly nice of you!!! One quick question -- I noticed you're using the iMac Pro profile, I was thinking of using the latest Mac Pro for mine instead -- any concerns or pros and cons to be aware of?

Motherboard
ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you so much, that is incredibly nice of you!!! One quick question -- I noticed you're using the iMac Pro profile, I was thinking of using the latest Mac Pro for mine instead -- any concerns or pros and cons to be aware of?

As far as I know they are pretty much the same. You'll run into some Memory notification errors and pcie slots with MacPro7,1 but those can be disabled with RestrictEvents.kext or Custom mapping for memory

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299-A II
CPU
i9 10940X
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As far as I know they are pretty much the same. You'll run into some Memory notification errors and pcie slots with MacPro7,1 but those can be disabled with RestrictEvents.kext or Custom mapping for memory

Yeah I agree, I don't think there's any real differences other than the memory notification errors and the cosmetic display of PCI-e slots and didn't seem worth the extra work. Personally I think it looks a bit hacky to see 12 memory slots all filled but not matching the overall quantity of memory you actually have too.

Aside from my personal opinion that it looks a bit cleaner I've always stuck with iMacPro1,1 as its by far the closest platform and architecture to X299, 4 channel vs 6, different micro architecture etc 10th Gen CascadeLake-X chips are much closer to Skylake-X than they are CascadeLake-W found in the Mac Pro.

That said, I do plan to make a MacPro7,1 EFI and run some performance benchmarks to see if there is anything different going on with the different SMBIOS, I have wondered whether iMacPro1,1 might be a little more conservative with turbo durations etc due to the real iMac Pro thermal limitations. I'll let you know if I get around to it.

As it happens Im really pleased with this machines overall performance, stability and functionality - its the best, most "native"(if that's even the right word) hack I've ever built and honestly, with the simple structure of OpenCore, it might be the easiest as well.

Motherboard
X299-WU8
CPU
i9-9880XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Its sample USBMap.kext for X299 System 11.3

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 22
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-DELUXE
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 6900XT
Just installed 11.3 and all I can say is I'm super grateful that everything works... so far. Again, very grateful.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299- A II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As it happens Im really pleased with this machines overall performance, stability and functionality - its the best, most "native"(if that's even the right word) hack I've ever built and honestly, with the simple structure of OpenCore, it might be the easiest as well.

Have you updated to 11.3? I finally have all of my pieces parts in and ready to start my build thanks to your help, but I was wondering if the USBMap.kext needs to be redone to conform to the one that @nmano just posted above?

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299-A II
CPU
i9 10940X
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah mine is on 11.3.

haven’t checked nmano’s so not sure if that was for our motherboard specifically, or a general sample, but mine is definitely all customised for the PRIME A-II and tested on 11.3 :thumbup:

Motherboard
ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Another month, another OpenCore update!

Changelog for BASE EFI:

Bootloader / Kexts:
* Lilu 1.5.3
* NVMeFix 1.0.7
* AppleALC 1.6.0
* VirtualSMC 1.2.3
* IntelMausi 1.0.6
* RestrictEvents 1.0.1

config.plist Changes:
* Added Custom Memory examples for SMBIOS MacPro7,1. For more info, refer to post

Attachments

• DJ7-OC069-BASEEFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 45
Last edited: