Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say lets ask @CaseySJ if he'd be kind of enough to draft you an SSDT for your x299. It might be dependent on it.

This is new territory. We got one going for the z370.

Sure I'll wait to see if he replies :). I think there's a bigger issue if the machine fails to post after a reboot though. Tried different PCIe slots, with and without TB settings enabled in BIOS. If TB settings are enabled, I get error code 00. If they are disabled, I get error code 62. Wonder if jumping pins will help

Sure I'll wait to see if he replies :). I think there's a bigger issue if the machine fails to post after a reboot though. Tried different PCIe slots, with and without TB settings enabled in BIOS. If TB settings are enabled, I get error code 00. If they are disabled, I get error code 62. Wonder if jumping pins will help

Is the card in the same slot where your TB-Bios settings are pointed towards? My card did not like it when they were mismatched.

In recognition of the Oscars last night, here's one of the more memorable movie lines of all time... :)
I can help, but will need all the relevant details:
  • What are we trying to fix?
    • On-board TB controller?
    • TB controller on add-in-card? If so, what's the make/model?
  • Copy of current Thunderbolt SSDT(s).
  • System DSDT (MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT).

Is the card in the same slot where your TB-Bios settings are pointed towards? My card did not like it when they were mismatched.

Yeah, the Sage only has bios settings for slot 2.

In recognition of the Oscars last night, here's one of the more memorable movie lines of all time... :)

Whoops :)

Sorry for dragging you into this!

Add-on Asus Thunderbolt EX-4. I've attached the SSDT and DSDT

Thanks!

EDIT: Tested the Asus card in two separate builds and run into the same BIOS error (Error code 62). Wonder if there's something odd about the add-in card. My machine also kps after a bit with or without the Thunderbolt SSDT.

Attachments

• System DSDT.dsl
    5.8 MB · Views: 51
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Sorry for dragging you into this!

Add-on Asus Thunderbolt EX-4. I've attached the SSDT and DSDT

Thanks!

EDIT: Tested the Asus card in two separate builds and run into the same BIOS error (Error code 62). Wonder if there's something odd about the add-in card. My machine also kps after a bit with or without the Thunderbolt SSDT.

I have my doubts that this matters but I remember one detail about my setup.

On my board with the EX4 in PEG1 and the correct bios settings and SSDT everything worked as I'd hoped. However, my EX3 was still plugged into the RP21 with the header attached.

The EX3 wasn't being used of course but I'm wondering if having that header connected to something had a hand in it.

I have my doubts that this matters but I remember one detail about my setup.

On my board with the EX4 in PEG1 and the correct bios settings and SSDT everything worked as I'd hoped. However, my EX3 was still plugged into the RP21 with the header attached.

The EX3 wasn't being used of course but I'm wondering if having that header connected to something had a hand in it.

No I don't have another thunderbolt card atm :(

Julius Caesar is often quoted as saying, "Veni, vidi, vici." The translation from Latin is I came, I saw, I conquered.

I, on the other hand, relish Murphy's retelling of the story: I came, I saw, I left. :)

Evil me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back