RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'll follow your recommendation Casey,
Can I just ask you where exactly are you looking in my ioreg dump file to indicate that the Tb is not there?
I'll keep messing around with my system and I'll be testing myself if I'm on the right track. Once I get my Tb showing up, I'll then bug you again :)

I have no problem loading Linux, any specific recommendations? or all of them should be compatible with Tb3? I mean, I think I have linux-mint laying somewhere around already, would that be a useful tool to test my board?

Please advise,

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'll follow your recommendation Casey,
Can I just ask you where exactly are you looking in my ioreg dump file to indicate that the Tb is not there?
I'll keep messing around with my system and I'll be testing myself if I'm on the right track. Once I get my Tb showing up, I'll then bug you again :)
Simply enter "Thunderbolt" in the search box! You'll see that there are no hits at this time.

I have no problem loading Linux, any specific recommendations? or all of them should be compatible with Tb3? I mean, I think I have linux-mint laying somewhere around already, would that be a useful tool to test my board?

Please advise,
Yes all current distributions of Linux support Thunderbolt 3. Feel free to try Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Manjaro, Arch Linux, etc.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I think that's normal behavior of a GPU, that fact it stays quiet and sometimes ramps up means it works to my knowledge. It could be because MacOS is doing something in background since it is a new update, or simply because it uses GPU acceleration much more widely in the os. I would simply benchmark it with something heavy, like Luxmark of GFXBench and check stability at high power and temps.
I was afraid that might be the case, I might have to go back to Mojave then :( I had a completely silent system and now its really noticeable.

Thank you!

Motherboard
ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update to 11.3 public beta 6 so far so good. Hopefully my issues with the W5500 and kps get fixed sometime...

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.39.16 PM.png

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe
CPU
Core i7 7820
Graphics
ASUS VEGA 56
Hello! Everything works fine, but only one problem worries me - I can wake up my PC from deep sleep only with power button, but how to wake up from pressing usb keyboard and mouse?

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Designare EX ver1
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Casey, thank you for your reply,
I'm on Ubuntu right now, and my test was to copy a large file from and to my thunderbolt drive. This took only two seconds vs about a minute performing the same operation on my Mac. (this is an 12 Gb file).
I don't know where else to check, or if you need me to grab some parameters - like dump a file on Ubuntu that would help me to debug the issue on my Mac, please let me know.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Designare EX ver1
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ , I don't know if this would be helpful, but since I was inside my Ubuntu with working Tb3, I generated my DSDT.aml file with SSDTtime application.
Please let me know how I should proceed, I really hope not to mess with bios in a nearly perfect installation, this is by far the best and the most stable hackintosh I've ever had, and going from F6 to F7 I would like to leave as a truly last resort.

Warmest regards,

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    125.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
something is known about big navi support (6800XT - 6900 XT) in 11.3 beta 6?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ , I don't know if this would be helpful, but since I was inside my Ubuntu with working Tb3, I generated my DSDT.aml file with SSDTtime application.
Please let me know how I should proceed, I really hope not to mess with bios in a nearly perfect installation, this is by far the best and the most stable hackintosh I've ever had, and going from F6 to F7 I would like to leave as a truly last resort.

Warmest regards,
That's reassuring! Because you have Linux running, please try the script created by @joevt in the post below:

Because you have Thunderbolt3 (not TB4/USB4), I think it's not necessary to upgrade the kernel to 5.11 or newer.