X299 Big Sur Support

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9920X
Graphics
Radeon RX 6900 XT
good days,

i am confuse now. motherboard Asus X299 Deluxe II, and the newest BIOS is 3301.
previous BIOS 0802 so far so good on macos.
but i upgraded BIOS to 3301 last night and i no longer can boot into macOS via Opencore....

bios 0802:
i have one issue, if i enable CSM in bios and boot into macos, all USB port dead.
any solution for such issue except to disable CSM?

Motherboard
ASUS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hey guys did anyone installed BIOS 3405 for WS X299 SAGE/10G? Any Problems?

Motherboard
ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys did anyone installed BIOS 3405 for WS X299 SAGE/10G? Any Problems?

No changelog for 3405 :(

Any unofficial sources for it?

Just updated and so far so good. Looks like they added resizable bar support but not sure what else has changed. Make sure Above 4G Encoding is enabled and resizable bar support is Disabled

Edit: Looks like the Deluxe II and Extreme Omega have updated BIOS too. Assuming it's just resizable bar support

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
good days,

i am confuse now. motherboard Asus X299 Deluxe II, and the newest BIOS is 3301.
previous BIOS 0802 so far so good on macos.
but i upgraded BIOS to 3301 last night and i no longer can boot into macOS via Opencore....

bios 0802:
i have one issue, if i enable CSM in bios and boot into macos, all USB port dead.
any solution for such issue except to disable CSM?

What SSDTs do you have? you most likely need SSDT-RTC0.aml along with BIOS Settings Above 4G Encoding enabled, Disable CSM, and MSR Lock Control disabled

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Designare EX ver1
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thunderbolt with Thunderbolt Bus support
Credits to @CaseySJ and contributors in his forum. As well as @DSM2 for releasing initial modified NVM23 firmware
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help, most of my installation is complete, the only important thing I'm still lacking is Tb support. USB-c behaves inconsistently, sometimes my drive is detected, sometimes it is not. But I've never got my system to the point where I could see anything in this section:
1616797801120.png

I used @CaseySJ 's aml from another thread per recommendations to another member using configuration very similar to mine, and that enabled me to activate:
1616797892870.png

with the following files:
1616797940920.png

and this configuration changes:
1616798017919.png

But the Thunderbolt/USB4 is always empty.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help, most of my installation is complete, the only important thing I'm still lacking is Tb support. USB-c behaves inconsistently, sometimes my drive is detected, sometimes it is not. But I've never got my system to the point where I could see anything in this section:

I used @CaseySJ 's aml from another thread per recommendations to another member using configuration very similar to mine, and that enabled me to activate:

with the following files:

and this configuration changes:

But the Thunderbolt/USB4 is always empty.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
Please note that System Information --> Thunderbolt will always say No drivers are loaded unless the firmware is flashed to enable Thunderbolt Bus. We should instead:
  • Check System Information --> PCI. We can ignore the Thunderboolt section.
  • Connect a Thunderbolt device and see whether it works.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please note that System Information --> Thunderbolt will always say No drivers are loaded unless the firmware is flashed to enable Thunderbolt Bus.
That makes sense, thank you for your clarification!

Check System Information --> PCI. We can ignore the Thunderbolt section.
This is my PCI, nothing about Thunderbolt unfortunately, even though I have a separate 3rd party USB-c:
1616800542932.png

Connect a Thunderbolt device and see whether it works.
When I plug my USB-c type external device to the back of the motherboard, the device only gets the power led, but the device doesn't show up at all.
When I plug that external drive to the front (3rd party USB-c type), the device sometimes gets picked up and I can see it in finder, but if I remove it and then reattach again to the same front port, most often it is no longer visible. I think only once I was able to re-initialize 2nd time after removing.

Please let me know if you need any of the hackintools PCI printout or something else.
The two files I'm using are from your earlier posts. Otherwise I could post my EFI here if needed.

Thank you so much for looking at my case.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That makes sense, thank you for your clarification!

This is my PCI, nothing about Thunderbolt unfortunately, even though I have a separate 3rd party USB-c:
View attachment 513379

When I plug my USB-c type external device to the back of the motherboard, the device only gets the power led, but the device doesn't show up at all.
When I plug that external drive to the front (3rd party USB-c type), the device sometimes gets picked up and I can see it in finder, but if I remove it and then reattach again to the same front port, most often it is no longer visible. I think only once I was able to re-initialize 2nd time after removing.

Please let me know if you need any of the hackintools PCI printout or something else.
The two files I'm using are from your earlier posts. Otherwise I could post my EFI here if needed.

Thank you so much for looking at my case.
Let’s take a look at your IOReg file (IORegistryExplorer —> File —> Save As...). We should also double check your Thunderbolt BIOS settings, particularly GPIO3 Force Power (which needs to be enabled) and Thunderbolt Security (which needs to be No Security or Legacy).

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS