Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have issues with AirDrop and Big Sur?

I can't even use the "right click > import as scan document etc" feature anymore since it doesn't even show up.

Yeah airdrop has been a bit on and off for me in BS. Quite slow finding devices, sometimes a send could get interrupted. Now it has been working pretty good for a while though.

Yeah airdrop has been a bit on and off for me in BS. Quite slow finding devices, sometimes a send could get interrupted. Now it has been working pretty good for a while though.

Glad I'm not the only one. Wonder if it's a similar issue with forcing ASMedia kexts to load, maybe we have to load Broadcom kexts too?

I have the BCM943602CDP which is the most compatible and latest Wifi/BT module we can have and it was rock solid in Catalina, but odd and uneven in terms of performance in Big Sur.

Glad I'm not the only one. Wonder if it's a similar issue with forcing ASMedia kexts to load, maybe we have to load Broadcom kexts too?

I have the BCM943602CDP which is the most compatible and latest Wifi/BT module we can have and it was rock solid in Catalina, but odd and uneven in terms of performance in Big Sur.

BCM943602CDP working fine here on 11.3 Public Beta 3. Although I don't use AirDrop a whole lot

Ok, that's definitely a beautiful cute Mac Pro wannabe ahahah!

Full custom air cooling here, Full Noctua stuff, 400€ for heatsinks and fans but... oh boy it's dead silent! An air-cooling riot in a water-cooling world!

Temps are ok 95° max for OC 9980XE ranging from 5.0 Ghz on 2 cores to 4.2 Ghz on 18 cores with 3/6 AVX/512 offsets. GPU is ok at stock clocks/volts within range of expected temps.

(My AirDrop is ok)

IMG_0589.jpeg

Full custom air cooling here, Full Noctua stuff, 400€ for heatsinks and fans but... oh boy it's dead silent! An air-cooling riot in a water-cooling world!

Temps are ok 95° max for OC 9980XE ranging from 5.0 Ghz on 2 cores to 4.2 Ghz on 18 cores with 3/6 AVX/512 offsets. GPU is ok at stock clocks/volts within range of expected temps.

(My AirDrop is ok)

View attachment 511062

Thats one thick gpu :lol:

(My AirDrop is ok)

View attachment 511062

Is that a turbine? ha

Try not to let the 9980XE hit that high for temps. It should be 84c as per Intel Ark page. You will decrease the life span of the CPU. Set a 84c thermal throttle limit in the BIOS. It will thermal throttle but at least stay within the safe limits.

And those are pretty high OC settings for an air cooler. And also you have the Prime Deluxe Rev 1? Those didn't even have proper VRM cooling so you will decrease the life span of the mosfets too.

Is that a turbine? ha

Try not to let the 9980XE hit that high for temps. It should be 84c as per Intel Ark page. You will decrease the life span of the CPU. Set a 84c thermal throttle limit in the BIOS. It will thermal throttle but at least stay within the safe limits.

And those are pretty high OC settings for an air cooler. And also you have the Prime Deluxe Rev 1? Those didn't even have proper VRM cooling so you will decrease the life span of the mosfets too.
Thats one thick gpu :lol:

Yeah I can teach Asus how to build super ugly super fat super cool STRIX cards ahahah

I usually run my CPU at stock clocks, I switch on OC only when I need to flex and show off ahahah

Is that squared metal star highlited and screwed to the back of the card a required part? Because I forgot to re screw it back!!!
656694CB-D829-4627-91F2-1F1FC9D4E4DE.jpeg

Hi guys.

i added AQC107 ethernet card to my D2, now macos cannot sleep. it will auto wakeup.

anyone have the same issue?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back