[SUCCESS]

CPU : i9-10980XE
MAINBOARD : AsRock X299E-ITX/ac
RAM : DDR4 bus3200 64GB (16*4)
Storage : M.2 Samsng EVO 1 TB x 3
PSU : Corsair SF750
VGA : AMD VEGA VII 16GB
OpenCore 6.0

I love ITX build!!! looks really cool! a lot of heat to tame in such a small case!

Please check if making a phone call via Facetime app causes you a Kernel Panic. It's driving me crazy...

I love ITX build!!! looks really cool! a lot of heat to tame in such a small case!

Please check if making a phone call via Facetime app causes you a Kernel Panic. It's driving me crazy...

I used two 120x15 mm. cooling fans. CPU full load 79-83 °C.

Attachments

• 118408981_3306506956068993_281980220620125018_n.jpg
    118408981_3306506956068993_281980220620125018_n.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 57
I used two 120x15 mm. cooling fans. CPU full load 79-83 °C.

Yeah I can recognize the iconic Noctua beige :p Pretty great cable management too! We got similar specs a part for the mobo, attached my system which is definitely less "minimal" than yours :p and quite a bit oveclocked.

Please try a Facetime phone call with latest Big Sur beta, check if it kernel panics.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPEG
    IMG_0079.JPEG
    696 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0080.JPEG
    IMG_0080.JPEG
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
Yeah I can recognize the iconic Noctua beige :p Pretty great cable management too! We got similar specs a part for the mobo, attached my system which is definitely less "minimal" than yours :p and quite a bit oveclocked.

Please try a Facetime phone call with latest Big Sur beta, check if it kernel panics.

I like this case and this is a corsair cooler 3 fan must be 300 or 320mm? I have the Corsair H115i 280mm and the NZXT H550i case have to remove everything gets to warm in there and the two fan connectors are stupid 3 pin male connectors off the RGB controller no way to connect that anywhere.

The Corsair also has a Micro USB connection to 9 pin USB header which is very inconvenient and not sure if it needs even needs to be connected? Looking over the original Mojave guide to see if I might move to the cooler and case from that guide unless I can find a decent equivalent not pay as much.

I want to get the case you have or similar and cooler because the 280mm does not seem to cut it. I also had to place the radiator and fans in a position that blocks the airflow small space no grill or opening to the outside.

Last edited:
I believe you can also remove IntelMausi.kext since the built in 2.5 G ports are supported oob?

Does your mainboard have two CPU 8 pin 12 volt connectors and a 6 pin PCIe and have you connected all 3? The OC v6.0 base EFI seems to be working fine, tried to use chessa's EFI and it stops booting at PCI begins and ends. Removed anything related to Thunderbolt, including anything related to TB in DeviceProperties/Add, and still can't get past the PCI begins/ends. Maybe the USB is slightly different over the SAGE, either way going to build the config from scratch for the SAGE II and will try it without the Ethernet kext.

I like this case and this is a corsair cooler 3 fan must be 300 or 320mm? I have the Corsair H115i 280mm and the NZXT H550i case have to remove everything gets to warm in there and the two fan connectors are stupid 3 pin male connectors off the RGB controller no way to connect that anywhere.

I want to get the case you have or similar and cooler because the 280mm does not seem to cut it. I also had to place the radiator and fans in a position that blocks the airflow small space no grill or opening to the outside.

Yeah mate, there’s a Corsair 360 mm AIO my case with 6 120mm fans in push/pull. The case is Crystal 560X from Corsair too.

I got my 9980XE at 4,1 GHz on 18 cores and 5,0 GHz for 2 cores

please check if FaceTime kernel panics with phone call on latest beta! You or somebody else who reads this. I don’t know if it’s a macOS bug or something wrong with AppleALC

Yeah mate, there’s a Corsair 360 mm AIO my case with 6 120mm fans in push/pull. The case is Crystal 560X from Corsair too.

I got my 9980XE at 4,1 GHz on 18 cores and 5,0 GHz for 2 cores

please check if FaceTime kernel panics with phone call on latest beta! You or somebody else who reads this. I don’t know if it’s a macOS bug or something wrong with AppleALC

Is that the Corsair DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX cooler? I am rebuilding everything I'll get back to you on the issue.

The Corsair also has a Micro USB connection to 9 pin USB header which is very inconvenient and not sure if it needs even needs to be connected? Looking over the original Mojave guide to see if I might move to the cooler and case from that guide unless I can find a decent equivalent not pay as much.

The corsair usb connection is used to control the pump speed and rgb with iCue. When I used to use a corsair cooler, I just plugged it in to change the pump profile then unplugged it. Plugging it in causes issues with sleep on macOS unless you disable the specific port when you create a usb kext.

Does your mainboard have two CPU 8 pin 12 volt connectors and a 6 pin PCIe and have you connected all 3? The OC v6.0 base EFI seems to be working fine, tried to use chessa's EFI and it stops booting at PCI begins and ends. Removed anything related to Thunderbolt, including anything related to TB in DeviceProperties/Add, and still can't get past the PCI begins/ends. Maybe the USB is slightly different over the SAGE, either way going to build the config from scratch for the SAGE II and will try it without the Ethernet kext.

Yes, I connected the two 8 pins but did not connect the 6 pin. 6 pin supplies extra power to the PCIe slots if you're running multiple graphics cards.
Not sure where you're getting thunderbolt info since the base EFI doesnt have anything thunderbolt related? It also uses USBInjectAll to temporarily enable all the ports but it's highly recommended to create your own usb kext after.

Last edited:
Is that the Corsair DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX cooler? I am rebuilding everything I'll get back to you on the issue.

It's the Corsair H150i Pro RGB and I connected the fans to CPU Fan 1 and 2 headers on board, the pump is connected to the AIO_Pump header on the board. I have custom profile for fans and pump in BIOS.

The corsair usb connection is used to control the pump speed and rgb with iCue. When I used to use a corsair cooler, I just plugged it in to change the pump profile then unplugged it. Plugging it in causes issues with sleep on macOS unless you disable the specific port when you create a usb kext.

Yes, I connected the two 8 pins but did not connect the 6 pin. 6 pin supplies extra power to the PCIe slots if you're running multiple graphics cards.
Not sure where you're getting thunderbolt info since the base EFI doesnt have anything thunderbolt related? It also uses USBInjectAll to temporarily enable all the ports but it's highly recommended to create your own usb kext after.

I solved by connecting everything to the mobo as described.

Please, I know I'm sayin the same thing over and over but please, please... check if FaceTime audio call crashes for you too with a Kernel Panic on latest beta!!!

It's the Corsair H150i Pro RGB and I connected the fans to CPU Fan 1 and 2 headers on board, the pump is connected to the AIO_Pump header on the board. I have custom profile for fans and pump in BIOS.

I solved by connecting everything to the mobo as described.

Please, I know I'm sayin the same thing over and over but please, please... check if FaceTime audio call crashes for you too with a Kernel Panic on latest beta!!!

Sorry I'm retired and no longer have a hack. I don't even have a mac anymore so it's painful... Just helping with other stuff if I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back