Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if I need an SSDT for a 5700xt with 10.15.7 and Macpro 7,1?
Seems to be showing up without but the audio controller is showing as 'pci1002,ab38' in System Info

Yes, it will work. That has an Aquantia chip that works natively in macOS. I had this card on another mobo but got rid of it because the SAGE10G had dual 10G cards built in.
Thanks, @izo1 ! I am looking for an AVB solution so that is great news - especially because it's native!
So confirming, OOB, yea? I ask because I remember seeing some patches in the old KGP Clover configs...

Last edited:
Thanks, @izo1 ! I am looking for an AVB solution so that is great news - especially because it's native!
So confirming, OOB, yea? I ask because I remember seeing some patches in the old KGP Clover configs...

yes it will be oob

sonnet makes real Mac cards, I believe this card has a special firmware for the aquantia chip.
It’ll work fine.

Bought a second NVMe (1TB 970 Evo Plus) and restored the Catalina backup to it.

Big Sur is complete trash to me, I am going to avoid it for a while. Apple and Adobe really don't care about us. This is mostly Apple's fault. They keep making these swooping system changes with every release and breaking everything apart! Ridiculous.

The move to Apple Silicon is going to cause so many issues for us in the design/motion world. After Effects is going to be a giant mess to port over, Premiere Pro is already in Beta but 50% of the features aren't working.

Last edited:
The move to Apple Silicon is going to cause so many issues for us in the design/motion world. After Effects is going to be a giant mess to port over, Premiere Pro is already in Beta but 50% of the features aren't working.
I agree.

Last edited:
Just curious, is there anyway to speed up boot time with our x299s? It’s not terribly slow but it’ll my friends z490 boots so damn fast. I mean the OS itself after OC/Clover.
Also, any benefits/tips using OC device properties?
Thanks!!

Just curious, is there anyway to speed up boot time with our x299s? It’s not terribly slow but it’ll my friends z490 boots so damn fast. I mean the OS itself after OC/Clover.
Also, any benefits/tips using OC device properties?
Thanks!!
First of all, how much faster does your friends z490 system boot in comparison to yours? ;)
For reference, i just timed my boot after picking the entry in OC menu - it took 25s to the login-screen of Big Sur.

I have never experienced this speed in my previous clover-based setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back