Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual Radeon VII's here, found this because I'm having the same issue.

Since the 11.1 update, I am getting drop outs and crackling through my USB Alesis Multimix 8. Definitely most pronounced with YouTube videos when moving other browser/finder windows around but it's occurring when playing music through Plex as well. Doesn't seem to occur in any other types of apps like Zoom, Slack, Premiere, etc.

I thought it had something to do with me updating AppleALC at the same time as going to 11.1 but reverting that had no impact.
I have the same problem, although it also happens in Premier, the audio and video stops, it happens in VLC, Spotify, YouTube, I solved it by reinstalling 11.0.1. My audio card is a 1st and 2nd generation Scarlett 18i20.

Glad to know it's not just me, anyway guys we can stay relatively calm because I found in a dutch forum a buddy with a real mac pro having the exact same issue like us, so it's a 11.1 bug and not an hack problem. I suppose we just have to wait them to fix in next update, even if I would remember everyone that VII is not offically supported by Apple neither egpus boxes manufacturer (like sonnet or razer) for macOS. This gives me a bit of scare, considering the fact Apple could just stop supporting, even unofficialy, the Radeon VII (which, hopefully, is somehow close to the Pro Vega II they ship in MPX module).

I have the same problem, although it also happens in Premier, the audio and video stops, it happens in VLC, Spotify, YouTube, I solved it by reinstalling 11.0.1. My audio card is a 1st and 2nd generation Scarlett 18i20.
Glad to know it's not just me, anyway guys we can stay relatively calm because I found in a dutch forum a buddy with a real mac pro having the exact same issue like us, so it's a 11.1 bug and not an hack problem. I suppose we just have to wait them to fix in next update, even if I would remember everyone that VII is not offically supported by Apple neither egpus boxes manufacturer (like sonnet or razer) for macOS. This gives me a bit of scare, considering the fact Apple could just stop supporting, even unofficialy, the Radeon VII (which, hopefully, is somehow close to the Pro Vega II they ship in MPX module).
I'm still running 11.0.1 and not going to update as (last week) right after I asked about 11.1, Paul Chato on YT did a vid explaining the issues he had with his Hackintosh and an actual brand new (M1) MacBook Pro. Since I'm using 2 x Radeon VII's and running them on 1 x 28" Asus Gaming Monitor (soon to be 3 x 28" Asus Gaming Monitors and they all work fine side, by side, by side), I'm just going to stay with 11.0.1 until the next update as well. Even if I can't update anymore, at least I'll be using two fully working systems for the next 2 to 3 years until I decide later update to a better system, once Safari, then Firefox, then Brave and lastly Chrome stop working when 11.1 becomes obsolete.

So it seems Big Sur opened some new can of worms for me. Any ideas appreciateed.

1) Headphone audio now sounds like it's mono and underpowered (yes, I'm using correct injection for AppleALC in DeviceProperties and it's correct in IOReg). Using a high end USB DAC, no problems whatsoever.

2) When leaving system display in sleep mode (i never shut off my machine) I sometimes come back and it freezes and I restart and it's a cpu caller panic kp (sometimes 13, or 3). Might be related to the LG monitor's USB-C hub?

3) Apple > Shutdown reboots the machine. I mentioned this before and got it to be temporarily fixed with an SSDT, but that caused other issues. Would like a native fix if available.

4) Having constant crashes in After Effects (Latest 2020). I shouldn't have upgraded from Catalina.

See on post #1 and #2
But important note with GeForce GTX 1080 Ti :
Highest Supported OS: High Sierra(10.13.6)
So you can refer to the original High Sierra guide here : How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]
Enjoy and good luck :thumbup:
So I actually did manage to boot into the install screen before you posted this (thank god) I re did everything from scratch following opencore to the T but I don't have any usb ports working and I can't map them because I can't get passed the install screen... Any ideas?

edit: i do intend on using a amd gpu for the final build i just dont have one now hehe

Last edited:
So I actually did manage to boot into the install screen before you posted this (thank god) I re did everything from scratch following opencore to the T but I don't have any usb ports working and I can't map them because I can't get passed the install screen... Any ideas?

edit: i do intend on using a amd gpu for the final build i just dont have one now hehe

Can you post EFI and BIOS Ver, Settings?

Can you post EFI and BIOS Ver, Settings?
I actually got it to work by adjusting some bios settings haha now my problem is ethernet isn't working

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 106
I actually got it to work by adjusting some bios settings haha now my problem is ethernet isn't working

Yes make sure Above 4G encoding is enabled and try to use the latest BIOS update. You have a lot of redundant kexts (IntelMausi vs IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll vs PrimeDeluxe USB kext?, etc). Your ethernet isn't working because IntelMausi is disabled in your efi config.

Use this EFI as a starter.

Yes make sure Above 4G encoding is enabled and try to use the latest BIOS update. You have a lot of redundant kexts (IntelMausi vs IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll vs PrimeDeluxe USB kext?, etc). Your ethernet isn't working because IntelMausi is disabled in your efi config.

Use this EFI as a starter.
I removed some of the redundant kext and it actually is enabled i just doubled checked
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>IntelMausi.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Intel Ethernet LAN</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/IntelMausi</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>