- Nov 11, 2010
- msi z590i unify
- i5 10400t
- xfx RX 6600 XT
- Mobile Phone
.Meaning you can have network support if flashed?Thanks for setting this up @Loloflatsix.
Running Public Beta 1 and everything works (except SideCar)
View attachment 483117
Some important notes:
1. Users that updated their BIOS to 3006 or higher on pre Cascade Lake X motherboards needed to add SSDT-AWAC.aml to boot macOS Catalina/Mojave. Same with all Cascade Lake X refresh motherboards. For Big Sur, SSDT-AWAC is replaced with SSDT-RTC0.aml since Big Sur is a lot more picky with RTC. Asus didn't map regions 0x72 and 0x73 so the SSDT-RTC0.aml adds those regions in. Like @Loloflatsix mentioned, there are two versions of SSDT-RTC0 on my github. SSDT-RTC0-NOAWAC.aml (BIOS 2002 and below) and SSDT-RTC0.aml (BIOS 3006 and higher or all Cascade Lake X motherboards).
2. OpenCore 0.6.0 is required to boot Big Sur and lilu kexts may not be compatible yet (I.E., MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext). Refer to Dortania's OpenCore Guide Big Sur section for more details.
Dortania OpenCore Guide
Skylake X Section
My github will no longer be updated. Refer to post
Thunderbolt with Thunderbolt Bus support
Credits to @CaseySJ and contributors in his forum. As well as @DSM2 for releasing initial modified NVM23 firmware
View attachment 483122
Thunderbolt Firmware Files
Thunderbolt DROM Guide for Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge
Original @kgp guides: Largely outdated due to majority of users have moved onto OpenCore and SSDT/ACPI patches are not required and are largely cosmetic. However, there is still useful information such as BIOS settings, activating Thunderbolt, and patching Intel 10G.
- ASUS X299 Catalina Support
- X299 - Open Core support : Initial OpenCore support thread
- ASUS X299 - Support : Support thread created after @kgp left the hackintosh scene