Contribute
Register

X299- Adding multiple Titan Ridge cards (Thunderbolt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I've got some good news:
I flashed BIOS to the patched 3101 and it seems my system is reacting similar to yours @djlild7hina.

It's pretty buggy getting both Titan Ridges and all of the thunderbolt devices to work consistently, but I'll work on for now at least finding a pattern that works, and maybe later find out how to make it more reliable.
Right now I've got a mixture of Thunderbolt 2 and 3 for a total of 6 devices between the 2 cards. Using slots 2 & 3; BIOS settings disabled, jumped 3 & 5 on both and, no USB or power cables, and the SSDT-PC02-BR2A-2.aml. Great progress! Thanks for your support @djlild7hina :thumbup:

Very cool! Glad it’s booting for now

I still have error code 62. Bios 2002. Has anyone tried to use 6-pin (EATX12V3) additionally to 2x8-pin (EATX12V1 + EATX12V2)? I think there's not enough power on the PCIe with closed pins 3 and 5 on TB-card.

I still have error code 62. Bios 2002. Has anyone tried to use 6-pin (EATX12V3) additionally to 2x8-pin (EATX12V1 + EATX12V2)? I think there's not enough power on the PCIe with closed pins 3 and 5 on TB-card.
I've been using the 6-pin the whole time. I'm pretty sure my code 62 issues cleared up was when I switched to Bios 3001. Just make sure to use the patched version and add AWAC.ssdt.
Mentioned in this post that it will no longer be updated/removed. I gave the all the info @Loloflatsix to manage going forward.

But here is the patched bios

I've been using the 6-pin the whole time. I'm pretty sure my code 62 issues cleared up was when I switched to Bios 3001. Just make sure to use the patched version and add AWAC.ssdt.

Asus released a new bios that may not need to be patched anymore. Not sure how it performs since I don’t have my hack anymore

Asus released a new bios that may not need to be patched anymore. Not sure how it performs since I don’t have my hack anymore
I also saw there's a new SSDT to replace AWAC. I've got some projects going so don't want to disturb my system. But hope to try it all in a couple weeks.

@djlild7hina, was sorry to just see you step back, but glad you're still around some. I'm grateful for all of your help!

I also saw there's a new SSDT to replace AWAC. I've got some projects going so don't want to disturb my system. But hope to try it all in a couple weeks.

@djlild7hina, was sorry to just see you step back, but glad you're still around some. I'm grateful for all of your help!

Yes SSDT-RTC0 is for future compatibility with macOS Big Sur. Big Sur will not boot without it.

No problem! glad I could help. Are the two cards still working okay?

Yes SSDT-RTC0 is for future compatibility with macOS Big Sur. Big Sur will not boot without it.

No problem! glad I could help. Are the two cards still working okay?
I'm back down to just the standard install for the single Titan Ridge for now. I didn't find a reliable procedure to get so many devices to work, and I had spent so much time there for a couple months getting my first hack going and working on these things I need to take some time off for other things.
Plan to try again later on.

I was sort of wandering in the wilderness trying to get the first build going until I came across your threads and your nudge towards Opencore. Made a huge difference.

Hi Guys,
Did you manage to figure this out ?
Similar setup but single card interest only. Dual slot gpu's in 1 and 5 of SAGE 10G motherboard. Titan Ridge (flashed) in 3.
Zero hotplug and even issues with chaining multiple devices (maybe the device types).
So now run 1 Pegasus in TB connection 1 and 1 Black Magic device on connection 2, connected at boot and warm reset sometimes needed to get it all up .
Playing with the thunderbolt hotplug aml file but know too little about that to make that work (tried to change device path from standard)

Hi Guys,
Did you manage to figure this out ?
Similar setup but single card interest only. Dual slot gpu's in 1 and 5 of SAGE 10G motherboard. Titan Ridge (flashed) in 3.
Zero hotplug and even issues with chaining multiple devices (maybe the device types).
So now run 1 Pegasus in TB connection 1 and 1 Black Magic device on connection 2, connected at boot and warm reset sometimes needed to get it all up .
Playing with the thunderbolt hotplug aml file but know too little about that to make that work (tried to change device path from standard)
Hey, so I'm still running 1 card for the time being, and yes need warm reboot. I usually cold boot without TB devices before plugging only one of them in and then add in others, not sure if that makes a difference. Seems pretty stable this way and can hotplug. You're on Opencore right?

Indeed on opencore. I can live with a extra warm boot if after that i have hotplug with the card NOT in slot 2 (as 1,2,5,6 are blocked by dual slot gpus and an air gap in between to not have one of them starved for air)
In what slot do you have it ? in 3 or 4 ? Can you get me your ssdt for that as cant get it to work.
Now running in slot 3 but without hot plug option. Card is flashed as mentioned. TB disabled in bios

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back