Contribute
Register

x270 catalina - time for optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I tried your efi on mojave but I was getting an APCI error along the lines of "error writing 35 blocks" then it hangs. any ideas?

I triple boot Mojave, Catalina and Windows 10 on the 7300u.

I don't imagine there would be any difference with the 7200u CPU.

Both are Kaby Lake.

Take a look at my EFI on the Mojave thread.

What did you use to make your mac os install? I am using gibmacos for 10.14.6 and I am not passing any options when I install it to the usb

I triple boot Mojave, Catalina and Windows 10 on the 7300u.

I don't imagine there would be any difference with the 7200u CPU.

Both are Kaby Lake.

Take a look at my EFI on the Mojave thread.
I am getting a kernel panic that ends with:

acpi executed 35 blocks of module-level executable aml codes

I think it is because we have different cpus sadly.

I am getting a kernel panic that ends with:

acpi executed 35 blocks of module-level executable aml codes

I think it is because we have different cpus sadly.

I just used my posted EFI on a new x270 Catalina install - works flawlessly.

However, I did spend sometime trying to work out why the copy of the OS I made to the same SSD wasn't booting.

When I ran verbose, I do believe I ran into your error code.

Try going to BIOS, Security, I/O port access and turn off everything that you don't need to boot e.g. WiGig, Lan, Bluetooth

My issue seemed to be WiGig. Turned it off and the machine booted as normal.

actually, mine seems to be ok using layout-id=7 on my machine (i understand we have completely different codecs) so there is nothing i need you to look at for my code (something less for your todo list :) )

also using headphones it was distorted so tested with:
Code:
hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25
and it cleared up straightaway, so i used your updated ALCPlugFix and added that to the code and rebuilt and that all works great

of course still using CodecCommder.kext but it all works good :)
When I used CC and layout 29, headphone audio would be clean for approx 5-10 seconds, usually when I moved the volume fader on YouTube it then went back to a distorted signal.

Never had an issue with internal speakers on 29. Tried 3 and 11 already.

I'll take a look a @Sniki 's updated alc_fix. I use the old version on my T440p, so very curious.

Thanks @Feartech :thumbup:

I played around with this again today.

You can clean up the distortion by selecting 'Line In' within Systems Preferences.

Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 01.10.24.png

A temporary fix, as the input jack/headphones sometimes it goes back to distortion.

If anyone still has distortion using their headphone jack, this fixed it for me on Mojave 10.14.6 (to be tested on Catalina)

...and then failed again. :banghead:

...and then failed again. :banghead:
Hi could you share your latest EFI I can use to install Catalina from scratch? Thanks!
Anyone thinking or working on a Opencore guide for our beloved X270, especially working on Big Sur?

Last edited:
Hi could you share your latest EFI I can use to install Catalina from scratch? Thanks!
Anyone thinking or working on a Opencore guide for our beloved X270, especially working on Big Sur?
I've already posted my EFI.

Big Sur isn't something I'm interested in for now - I would rather have a stable OS.

If there ever is a real reason to upgrade, it will be through Opencore.

I've already posted my EFI.

Big Sur isn't something I'm interested in for now - I would rather have a stable OS.

If there ever is a real reason to upgrade, it will be through Opencore.
Thanks for your quick reply. I tried your earlier EFI but it doesn't work for fresh Catalina. Google did help finding this one that actually does:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back