Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen3 Signature Edition
CPU
Intel CORE i7 8650U
Graphics
UHD620
Hi, my build is X1 Yoga 3rd (i7 8650U, UHD620 + 16G Ram+ SN720 512G Nvme SSD + DW1820A) with OpenCore 0.6.0 + macOS 10.15.6 Catalina. The main problem I have been experiencing is the abnormal CPU Package Power Consumption. The CPU can only go to normal 0.8-0.75w idle power consumption after cold boot and before sleep. After wake, the package power consumption cannot be less than 1.2-1.3w. The OC file and my IOReg file are attached below. I've tried to:

1. disable AppleALC
2. completely disable TB3 and USB support in BIOS
3. Disable WLAN and BT in BIOS
4. Turn off ASPM for all PCI-E devices
5. Remove CPU friend kexts
6. Remove SSDT-USBC.aml (It make on-board TB3 controller works as a detachable Express Card USB-C expansion card, so we can power it off when not using USB-C ports)
7. Completely remove USBPorts.kext and USBMap.kext (Disable Built-in USB 3.0 controller)

none of them works. According to the screenshot below, the native power management seems to be work fine.

1602121673721.png

One assumption is there is sth preventing CPU go into deep C-States, such as some USB controllers which cannot be turned off. However, I have no knowledge about how to identify or verify the cause of the problem.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    5 MB · Views: 80
  • Tom’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    9.7 MB · Views: 54
By the way, sometimes I found GPU running at full clock after wake, only reboot can resolve it. Is this issue have something to do with sleep/hibernation implementations? How can I diagnose and solve the problem?
1602133134794.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back