Graphics
intel HD Graphics 5500 2560x1440 -- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
I write this post after reading a lot of tutos.
So I have a X1 carbon 3rd gen device, and I wanted to install Mac OSX on it.
I've readed this post to make an usb bootable : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ and it runs successfully.

So the problems begins. I launch clover from the BIOS (using the recommended BIOS Configuration ). I laugh Install Mac OS High Sierra from Clover, using -v argument, and nothing happen..

Here is the message shown during booting :
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
using reloc block : no, hibernate work : no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And then the computer reboot.

My computer is a X1 carbon 3rd gen , with intel HD Graphics 5500, and intel core i7 5600 CPU.
You can find attached to this post my Clover config
If you guys have an idea? Thanks a lot
Alex

EDIT : I've found this in the install log :
======================================================
Backing up EFI files

Installing BootSectors/BootLoader

Stage 0 - Don't write any of boot0af, boot0md, boot0ss to /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
Stage 1 - Don't write any of boot1h2, boot1f32alt, boot1xalt to /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra

Theme 'metal' (defined in config.plist) not found !
Using default theme 'embedded'
=========== Clover EFI Installation Finish ===========

Is it normal?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Didn't notice I was in Desktop support, can someone move my topic to Laptops?
Also, I've tried to change osxAptioFix2drv by osxAptioFixDrv and nothing changed

Hi,
I write this post after reading a lot of tutos.
So I have a X1 carbon 3rd gen device, and I wanted to install Mac OSX on it.
I've readed this post to make an usb bootable : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ and it runs successfully.

So the problems begins. I launch clover from the BIOS (using the recommended BIOS Configuration ). I laugh Install Mac OS High Sierra from Clover, using -v argument, and nothing happen..

Here is the message shown during booting :
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
using reloc block : no, hibernate work : no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And then the computer reboot.

My computer is a X1 carbon 3rd gen , with intel HD Graphics 5500, and intel core i7 5600 CPU.
You can find attached to this post my Clover config
If you guys have an idea? Thanks a lot
Alex

EDIT : I've found this in the install log :
Backing up EFI files

Stage 0 - Don't write any of boot0af, boot0md, boot0ss to /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
Stage 1 - Don't write any of boot1h2, boot1f32alt, boot1xalt to /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra

Theme 'metal' (defined in config.plist) not found !
Using default theme 'embedded'
=========== Clover EFI Installation Finish ===========

Is it normal?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Ok I come back to you after I've tried to install MAC OSX on my laptop.
So I headed all that you gave me, I updated my config description, and added some files :
-Reinstall the Installer on my USB key, OSX journaled partition GUID, Clover in UEFI mode with OsxAptioFix2Drv
- Use the 5500 HD config.plist (renamed it config.plist) and put a fake ig-plateform (0x12345678) using Xcode.
-Put HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI and apes.efi as it is OSX 10.13
-Kext forled contain only the Other folder with FakeSMC.kext,VoodooPS2Controller.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext

I have 128mb of DVMT-prealloc so it would be normal to use, and I configured the BIOS as the recommended parameters.
Now when I boot in verbose I have this :
IMG_20171002_162502181.jpg
And when I boot using verbose and safe mode I have this :
IMG_20171002_162406812_TOP.jpg
And then my laptop reboot.

I don't know what to do now, so if you can help me I would be very grateful, thanks
Alexandre

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
Ok I come back to you after I've tried to install MAC OSX on my laptop.
So I headed all that you gave me, I updated my config description, and added some files :
-Reinstall the Installer on my USB key, OSX journaled partition GUID, Clover in UEFI mode with OsxAptioFix2Drv
- Use the 5500 HD config.plist (renamed it config.plist) and put a fake ig-plateform (0x12345678) using Xcode.
-Put HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI and apes.efi as it is OSX 10.13
-Kext forled contain only the Other folder with FakeSMC.kext,VoodooPS2Controller.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext

I have 128mb of DVMT-prealloc so it would be normal to use, and I configured the BIOS as the recommended parameters.
View attachment 282605
View attachment 282602

I don't know what to do now, so if you can help me I would be very grateful, thanks
Alexandre

The guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

The guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Forgot to mention I used osxAptioFixDrv and osxAptioFix2Drv but it doesn't change anything, still have the same thing : boot loop with the same error
I dreaded that Broadwell MotherBoard is unrecommended, is this the reason why I'm not able to boot?

EDIT : same as before : here is the logs :

Last edited:
Forgot to mention I used osxAptioFixDrv and osxAptioFix2Drv

You cannot use both.

but it doesn't change anything, still have the same thing : boot loop with the same error
I dreaded that Broadwell MotherBoard is unrecommended, is this the reason why I'm not able to boot?

EDIT : same as before : here is the logs :

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry I did not announce my steps correctly : I tried with osxAptioFix2Drv then with osxAptioFixDrv.
My config file is attached to this post, and the errors I gave you are listed above.

I readed it 3 times but it doesn't change nothing : finally I got this error

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Sorry I did not announce my steps correctly : I tried with osxAptioFix2Drv then with osxAptioFixDrv.
My config file is attached to this post, and the errors I gave you are listed above.

I readed it 3 times but it doesn't change nothing : finally I got this error

Is this booting the installer? Or something else?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Why do you have GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It has no application to your hardware.

Try my version of Clover.

Is this booting the installer? Or something else?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Why do you have GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It has no application to your hardware.

Try my version of Clover.
Thanks for your help so : the installer don't boot, but Clover did. The error I show here :
View attachment 282605
View attachment 282602
appear whenever I choose -v or -v and safe mode.

my 10.13 OSX were downloaded from the Mac App Store using my Mac Pro, I don't know as I didn't add GenericUSBXHCI by myself.
Ok I'll try with your version and I come back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back