i7-4550U
Graphics
HD 5000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
I'm using a Lenovo x1 carbon that i've bought very cheap, only for retiring my old Mac Unibody white (Core 2 Duo) and trying hackintosh.

This is an i7-4550U with intel HD5000

I'm not a computer guy, very far from that actually.
I've tried many EFI, some from scratch, some already made, both OC and Clover. Not happy with the results.
Also grabed an EFI from a ThinkPad T440P and made some changes.

23/04/2021 - Last update: this EFI (for the major part) belongs to an T440S, and works like a charm.
Also, it is more stable and fluid then before.

23/04/2021 - Update!
Wifi working good with Intel 7260 - native MacOS wifi (not thirdparty)
Bluetooth also working
Siri working
!! Audio recognized and working through MiniDP/HDMI !!

Not recognized
- Camera not recognized
- Cannot make iMessage to work (closes after 5/10sec., but doesn't bother me)

Here is the EFI (Opencore) for who may want to try.
- Need to change the serial/board/...
- Need to do AppleALC Plug Fix (used Sniki link): https://github.com/Sniki/ALCPlugFix

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI X1Carbon2nd.zip
    59.3 MB · Views: 629
Last edited:
Hi!
I'm using a Lenovo x1 carbon that i've bought very cheap, only for retiring my old Mac Unibody white (Core 2 Duo) and trying hackintosh.

I've tried many EFI, some from scratch, some already made, both OC and Clover. Not happy with the results.
Then i get this result... grabed an EFI from a ThinkPad T440P and made some changes.

Not 100%, but it is working (boots in 47sec)
Main things that are not working and i would be very pleased if someone can complete the EFI:
- Wifi (always a big problem)
- Bluetooth (i had already this working, but it would take very long time to boot - around 10min)
- Audio trough HDMI (the audio from laptop speakers or headphones plug works fine)

Here is the EFI for who may want to try.

Thanks
the faq in my signature has wifi recommendations

Thanks Feartech.

I will take a look!

Update on the first post

Update on the first post
XhciPortLimit should be disabled and also USBInjectAll.kext as you already now have a USBPorts.kext

AppleALC.kext may be better to use rather than VoodooHDA

also this may help:

XhciPortLimit should be disabled and also USBInjectAll.kext as you already now have a USBPorts.kext

AppleALC.kext may be better to use rather than VoodooHDA

also this may help:
I had only usbports.kext before. BT did not work.
When enable the usbinjectall.kext and XhciPortlimit, BT start working.

For the audio, i’ll need to check that.
Thanks!

I had only usbports.kext before. BT did not work.

Thanks!
you may need to go back and re do your usb ports:

Update on the first post

Hi!

23/04/2021 - Last update: this EFI (for the major part) belongs to an T440S, and works like a charm.

23/04/2021 - Update!
Bluetooth also working
Siri working

Not recognized
- Camera not recognizedMo

- Need to do AppleALC Plug Fix (used Sniki link): https://github.com/Sniki/ALCPlugFix

Thanks
i recently returned to this sight after leaving in 2019 because I didn't want to modify my Bios and swap out the wifi
Hi!

23/04/2021 - Update!
Bluetooth also working
Siri working

Not recognized
- Camera not recognized

Thanks
Back in 2019 I left because I didn't want to make the changes needed for wifi to work . Now with the work that has been done to support intel WIFI, it's much better. Thanks for you EFI. I used it to update to open core 7.9 and the camera now works. I also used USBMap as described in the OC guide.

Hi,
I'm returning after a 2+ year hiatus. If you look back the wifi and blue tooth were very difficult to implement on X1C G2 in 2019. Thanks to the work done on this you no longer need to change hardware. Thanks for your EFI. I used it as the basis to install Big Sur. I changed to USB map and the latest OC 7.9. Using layout 15 (0x1b) for audio eliminated the loud hum and static on the headphone jack. So I didn't need ALCplugfix. I don't have a mic to check the audio in part On the mac side, the headphone jack shows up as audio in and out but the sound is crystal clear. I don't have a mic to check the audio in. I removed the layout id on 0x3 (hdau audio out) but the sound from DVI is routed to my dell monitor speakers as it should be. The internal camera is also working with the open core update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back