Contribute
Register

X1 Carbon 2017 (5th) can't install High Sierra due to the SSD PM981

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you solve the TYPE-C hotplug problem?
not yet..observed different behavior on 2 type-C ports. continue digging.

I hope I could check this thread before I got PM981 today. lol

Here's a datapoint, for whatever it's worth:

I tried installing a PM981 into a genuine MacPro5,1 using a NVMe to PCIe adapter card. System is running 10.13.4. The unit sees the drive, but will randomly but frequently throw kernel panics on the genuine NVMe driver.

Seems the PM981 is flatly incompatible with OSX for whatever reason.

I tried installing a PM981 into a genuine MacPro5,1 using a NVMe to PCIe adapter card. System is running 10.13.4. The unit sees the drive, but will randomly but frequently throw kernel panics on the genuine NVMe driver.

YES,I used nvme spoof to drive it and succeed, but still have some problems when running OS X 10.13.4, so I sold it out and bought a SM961 to install OS X, really perfect.

Has anyone been able to test some patch that works for this SSD model or is it possible that in the new version of OSX the installation of PM 981 can be supported? What would be your best recommendation?

I´m having serious problems whit PM981 in High Sierra.

Replace with compatible SSD hardware.

Hi Mr. RehabMan,

I have faith with the compatibility of PM981 in the next update. It is a good nvme disk. I think that PM981 = 970 EVO, perhaps, it's possible.

I can't sell this velocity. It's gold. :)
20180512_003407.jpg

Is Samsung 970 EVO m.2 100% compatible with High Sierra ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back