Contribute
Register

WWDC22 Online Announced for June 6-10, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or…… will you write a new guide for different hardware after the macOS 13 requirements are released? We’re getting closer to the last Intel hackintoshes….. maybe the last hackintoshes period…. Feeling sentimental and want to follow one more trs96 guide before it’s all over. :…./
I would take a look at the Z390 and Z490 guides that are already posted on this site. Those builds will have the longest length of official Apple support as they use the SMBIOS of 2019/20 Intel Macs. Just browse through the Golden Builds forum and then at least buy the motherboard while you can still get one. If you want to try a pre-built get something from Dell or HP that uses the Q470 chipset and follow the same formula that I've presented. You already have enough experience to follow the steps using the latest OpenCore so give it a go and see if you can make one work.

It will be very interesting to see what new features macOS will bring to the table. I haven't heard anything specific or exciting.

If it's just support for new AS devices and deprecating a few old models, that's of no interest. Do we really expect new GPU support? That would be good but why would Apple bother? If you can afford to buy a MacPro then you can probably afford an RX6800. Unlikely their customers would buy an RX6400/6500, 64-bit memory model.

It will be very interesting to see what new features macOS will bring to the table. I haven't heard anything specific or exciting.
The best thing Apple could do, IMHO, is further refine the existing features, fix the bugs in Monterey and present no new features. They have already done this in the transition from Leopard to Snow Leopard so why not now ?
Apple started the ball rolling at the announcement of Snow Leopard during WWDC 2009 by marketing it as having “no new features.” Mac OS X Leopard had been a blockbuster release with over 300 new features, and Snow Leopard was a refinement.
They could call it macOS Carmel By The Sea or just Carmel. It is a few miles South and West of Monterey via HWY 1.

I've visited the beaches there some years ago and there are some spectacular views, kind of a magical place imo. It's just a little over one hours drive South from Cupertino, home of the spaceship campus. Please Apple, bring back the "old" style of photographic wallpapers instead of the nonsense that came with Big Sur and Monterey as default.

Screen Shot 1.jpg
1651837689722.png

Carmel-by-the-Sea is a small beach city on California's Monterey Peninsula. It's known for the museums and library of the historic Carmel Mission, and the fairytale cottages and galleries of its village-like center. The Scenic Bluff Path runs from surf spot Carmel Beach to bird-rich Carmel River State Beach, with a scuba entry point. South lie the sea animals and whaling museum of Point Lobos State Natural Reserve.

Last edited:
I would take a look at the Z390 and Z490 guides that are already posted on this site. Those builds will have the longest length of official Apple support as they use the SMBIOS of 2019/20 Intel Macs. Just browse through the Golden Builds forum and then at least buy the motherboard while you can still get one. If you want to try a pre-built get something from Dell or HP that uses the Q470 chipset and follow the same formula that I've presented. You already have enough experience to follow the steps using the latest OpenCore so give it a go and see if you can make one work.
That’s all great advice, thank you, but a lot “trs96 fans“ on this site might be a little sad because I think that many people found your guides to be particularly excellent and comprehensive.

That’s all great advice, thank you, but a lot “trs96 fans“ on this site might be a little sad because I think that many people found your guides to be particularly excellent and comprehensive.
If you look at CaseySJ's Golden Builds they've got something like 7 million + views worldwide. Those are the most detailed and comprehensive guides this community has ever seen. They are for more tech savvy, experienced hackintoshers. My guides were written for beginners/newbies that need everything explained step by step. I'm glad you've benefited from them but eventually you need graduate and move on from beginners mode, to the next level.

As I said, the most important thing to do now is buy one of the boards that have a golden build guide. Those guides will continue to offer support for the versions (macOS 13+) that you may want to run for the next 3 or more years. Get every bit of hackintosh goodness out of a new build that you can because this may not be an option after 2025/6. We may be buying Apple Silicon Macs after that unless other options become available.

There are still many new Gigabyte Z490 Aorus options on Amazon. Even if you can't afford the 10th gen CPU and DDR4 ram yet, those will always be available for many years from now. When the new boards go out of stock, the prices go way up in the used markets. If I was building new right now, I'd go for this Aorus Elite board.
Screen Shot 3.jpg

Even if Apple were to announce an end of Intel support next month (which they won't) you can still get 2-3 years of use out of it by installing Monterey. Install Windows 11 after that and you're good for another 7-8 years with full security update support.

Last edited:
I saw a speculative blog somewhere that inferred Haswell processors will be left out.
Haswell came out in 2013 so that's about 9 years of support. Probably will happen. Apple wants to sell M1 Mac minis to those still using the slow and underpowered dual core 2014 Mac mini.

No longer chasing MacOS upgrades after settling on Mojave and High Sierra... I just don't care any more. It would be okay with me if Apple called its next OS "Kyiv."

I saw a speculative blog somewhere that inferred Haswell processors will be left out.
Still far more than Windows 11 which officially supports only Coffee Lake and later.

Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) was announced today. Once again the event is online June 6-10, 2022. Expected are new iterations of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS as well as the introduction of new hardware. What would you like to see announced?

New Mac with 12th gen Intel Processor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back