Contribute
Register

WWDC22 Online Announced for June 6-10, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were the case it would be very bad situ for any current Intel Mac owners, the latest being those who've bought say a Mac Pro Xeon, iMac Pro, or Intel Macbook Pro within the last 3 years. How would you feel if your system that you've invested in depreciated so badly within less than 4 years of purchase? And let's not forget those developers whose livelihoods depend upon making software for the Intel PC & Intel Mac platforms.
That’s what PowerPC Mac users felt in 2009.

That’s what PowerPC Mac users felt in 2009.
Exactly. Apple doesn't care about your investment and their products are not always intended for common people.

What would I like to see? Macs with upgradable RAM and storage. Actually, I can buy the argument about RAM not upgradable, because you can't do that in a Raspberry Pi. However, the M1 Mac Mini I use at work has run out of storage and it's driving me up the wall that I can't just bung a bigger SSD in.

What would I really like to see? A general slowdown with the churn of macOS releases, and an emphasis of stability and bug fixes. If I recall correctly, the gap between Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard was much longer, and Snow Leopard in particular was famous for its "no new features" tagline, concentrating entirely on improving what we currently have.

What do I expect to see? Basically any Intel Mac that's not the Mac Pro and that you can still purchase from apple.com to be replaced with an Apple Silicon variant. I think that's just the high-end Mac Mini and the 27" iMac now.

Last edited:
I would like to see apples vindictive decision to blacklist NVidia graphics drivers overturned.

I would like to see apples vindictive decision to blacklist NVidia graphics drivers overturned.
That’s wishful thinking! More likely is Apple deciding to drop AMD support and focus solely on Apple Silicon GPUs.

That’s wishful thinking! More likely is Apple deciding to drop AMD support and focus solely on Apple Silicon GPUs.
If they did that I would be irritated. That would mean closing support for any type of external GPU.

What comes after Monterey?

High Sierra...Mojave...Catalina...Big Sur...Monterey...???

What comes after Monterey?

High Sierra...Mojave...Catalina...Big Sur...Monterey...???
Carmel, it's next door to Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back