Contribute
Register

WWDC22 Online Announced for June 6-10, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
2019 Mac Pro refresh is probably the last Intel Mac we would ever get. If that does happen.

2019 Mac Pro refresh is probably the last Intel Mac we would ever get. If that does happen.
The possibilities are now more due to the limitation of new chips this year. If the performances are that underwhelming for the high-end requirements, the 2019 Mac Pro refresh will be realistic to fill the gap.

The possibilities are now more due to the limitation of new chips this year.
You may be right. I know that not all professionals that use the Intel based Mac Pro are ready to jump ship for a new M series Mac Pro. They may need to use older versions of Logic Pro and Big Sur instead of Monterey and macOS 13 which will probably ship on the first Apple Silicon Mac Pro. Apple doesn't have to make any money on Intel Mac Pros and they can afford to offer a refresh. If they do upgrade the chipset and Xeon CPU in the last Intel Mac Pro (2019) it's out of respect and necessity for some of their Pro customers.

You may be right. I know that not all professionals that use the Intel based Mac Pro are ready to jump ship for a new M series Mac Pro. They may need to use older versions of Logic Pro and Big Sur instead of Monterey and macOS 13 which will probably ship on the first Apple Silicon Mac Pro. Apple doesn't have to make any money on Intel Mac Pros and they can afford to offer a refresh. If they do upgrade the chipset and Xeon CPU in the last Intel Mac Pro (2019) it's out of respect and necessity for some of their Pro customers.
I am still skeptical of using the latest chipset and CPU since Mac mini with 8th-generation Intel Core is still available.

I am still skeptical of using the latest chipset and CPU since Mac mini with 8th-generation Intel Core is still available.
The new mini with Apple silicon is imminent IMHO and the M2 refresh short behind, probably this year.

The new mini with Apple silicon is imminent IMHO and the M2 refresh short behind, probably this year.
This is well expected but I wanted to point out that Apple does not really chase the newer Intel Core generations.

Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) was announced today. Once again the event is online June 6-10, 2022. Expected are new iterations of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS as well as the introduction of new hardware. What would you like to see announced?

the new OS should be called 'Guantanamo'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back