Contribute
Register

WWDC21 Online Announced for June 7-11, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. It's getting ludacrous. How can you have time to perfect an OS if every day you are cooking up a new one? Unless some of them are basically the same with some added features and they just name them different, but still. How 'bout some damn bug fixes and stop with the new features already? I don't know about you guys but I'm not looking for new features in macOS. The ones I told Apple about in the Feedback Assistant never got added, so unless they implement those, I'm not looking for any more features. MacOS already does everything I need it to, I just want bug fixes. Like when I launch Safari it uses like 95% CPU and slowly goes down to normal usage. If I scroll down or do anything else with my Mac it will freeze if I don't wait for the CPU usage to go back down after I launch Safari. It needs fixed. I don't think it's my hardware either, it's a bug that started with either Big Sur period or a certain update for Big Sur.

I'm using a fully spec late 2015 27" 5K iMac, running macOS Big Sur 11.4. (20F71)
How - pray tell - are you running a GTX 1070 under BS? Unless you're able run it as an eGPU, Nvidia cards (after Maxwell) have been incompatible since Mojave.

How - pray tell - are you running a GTX 1070 under BS? Unless you're able run it as an eGPU, Nvidia cards (after Maxwell) have been incompatible since Mojave.
Not sure if you are aware, but there are some Nvidia cards that do still work with Big Sur, just not so great especially Turing onwards. I have a Z490 Aorus Xtreme with an i9-11900K and GTX1060 and it actually runs Big Sur. It runs fine in VESA mode (without any boot-args or Nvidia device properties added). Same goes for my GT710 in a Z170N-WIFI (which runs natively).

Not sure if you are aware, but there are some Nvidia cards that do still work with Big Sur, just not so great especially Turing onwards. I have a Z490 Aorus Xtreme with an i9-11900K and GTX1060 and it actually runs Big Sur. It runs fine in VESA mode (without any boot-args or Nvidia device properties added). Same goes for my GT710 in a Z170N-WIFI (which runs natively).
Yes, I'm quite aware of it. That's what the "after Maxwell" line means referring to the particular Nvidia architecture that last had native support. And ANY dGPU should theoretically run if you want hobbled video resolutions and no acceleration of your graphics through VESA but most people need cards with driver support and you won't get that from any of the current or most recent Nvidia cards - like the one rapproducer has installed.

Well, I'm not. I'm not running macOS on a hackintosh period at the moment cause my motherboard died and ever since I got a new one I haven't updated the proper kexts to make it boot and all that. I have a real Mac as well so I'm not in a hurry to fix it. BUT when I DID run macOS on my PC I was using the Intel CPU graphics. At the time it was the 7700K CPU, but since my mobo died I went ahead and got a 10700K. I haven't tried to hackintosh yet on this hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back