6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have my computer running with the system definition MacPro5,1 and that is what it says and shows in system information. But in finder it shows an image of an iMac, however when I right click the icon and click get info it correctly shows a mac pro. When I am in a different user account on the same computer it shows correctly in finder. Anyone know how to resolve this?

But in finder it shows an image of an iMac, however when I right click the icon and click get info it correctly shows a mac pro.

I'm confused. What are you clicking on that shows an icon of the computer? My Finder only shows the disk drives...........

NVM - I think I located the icon you are asking about, funny that I never even noticed it. Is it the one in the sidebar of the Finder window? The one that has the name of your computer?
Mine does indeed show the iMac model from the iMac 13,2 definition that I use.

This is what mine shows:
Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 2.19.31 PM.png

When I right click and "Get Info" I get this:
Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 2.19.53 PM.png
If you notice, this is a standard "Get Info" window. If you click on the small icon on the upper left you will notice that the Finder will highlight it and place a "selected" box around it.
You can change the icon just like any other icon by pasting the icon you want into that upper left image.

Also, if you notice on my first image I am on a network that shows another computer, the one labeled "chris-pc" - I think it's absolutely hillarious that Apple uses a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) image for a PC icon!

I hope I was of help.
/Bob

Hey, thanks for your reply, I have been away for a couple days and haven't been able to check back here until now. See my problem is that it the icon in the sidebar and the icon that finder shows in the get info box don't match up. It is super weird. and when I am in a different user account it shows correctly, but it would be too much of a pain to copy over all of my stuff to a different user account.

sidebar-icon.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back