Contribute
Register

Wrong screen resolution on boot -- works after turning HDMI-connected HDTV on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z370 Extreme4
CPU
i7-8770k
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just installed Mountain Lion and had no issues. I'm running a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board with HD3000 graphics on a Toshiba 1080p TV through HDMI. Install went smoothly. First time it boots into Mountain Lion, the resolution is fine. After running Multibeast, however, when I boot up the resolution is not correctly detected. It appears to load at 1080p, but the desktop doesn't fit the TV. I can only see the upper left of the screen. If I turn the TV on or off OR I go into Display preferences and refresh the screen, it corrects itself. No issues after that.

I tried GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32 but that doesn't work.

Any ideas? Not a big deal, but I'd like it to work correctly -- and I didn't have this issues with Lion.

Thanks!

I have the exact same issue with my "CustoMac Mini 2011". It occurs on my Mitsubishi 65 inch HDTV and also my 23 inch Acer monitor. Both are 1080x1920 displays.

I would like to have this problem completely fixed without any workarounds. A smooth boot with correct resolution is a must for the HTPC function it is supposed to perform.

Anyone else see this? Any fixes?

See if your HDTV has an Underscan/Overscan option in the menu with regards to the screen size. This usually corrects the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back