Graphics
Intel integrated graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
why in the hell is the i7 9700k in the hardware list while no 390 mother boards that support it are listed.
I bought that processor and a z370 ultra gaming WiFi and it doesn’t work!! Grrrrr
Anyone tips about which motherboard do I have to get to make it work?

Most of the Gigabyte H370 and B360 motherboards will work with that chip with a BIOS update. These boards are fine if you don't plan on an overclock of the CPU. If you want to overclock research the Asus Z370 boards that will work. See the attached PDF to find one.

Attachments

• document(1).pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 313
Most of the Gigabyte H370 and B360 motherboards will work with that chip with a BIOS update. These boards are fine if you don't plan on an overclock of the CPU. If you want to overclock research the Asus Z370 boards that will work. See the attached PDF to find one.
Thank you! Then I think I'm going for the ASUS!

why in the hell is the i7 9700k in the hardware list while no 390 mother boards that support it are listed.
I bought that processor and a z370 ultra gaming WiFi and it doesn’t work!! Grrrrr
Anyone tips about which motherboard do I have to get to make it work?

You need a BIOS update on the Z370 motherboard to enable it to recognize and work with the 9700K. To update the BIOS you will temporarily need an older 8th gen CPU to activate the motherboard and perform the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back