Contribute
Register

Wrong Display and Graphics Properties Detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP PAVILLION 15-n007se (Clover)
CPU
Intel i5-4200U (Intel (R) 8 Series chipset)
Graphics
HD4400 1366x768; NVIDIA GEOFORCE GTX 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I just successfully installed Sierra on my HP Pavillion laptop successfully. Everything is working okay except for the display, graphics and battery.The display brightness doesn't also show in the display preference pane. I successfully installed nVidia Web Drivers and CUBA and everything seems okay expect of the wrong VRAM for Intel and NVIDIA GPUs. Also I have tried every trick I could find on the internet regarding fixing the Ethernet without any success. Can anyone please help me figure out this problems. I have attached the screen shots also.
My system definitions are:
  • HP Pavillion 15, 15.6 inch display,
  • Intel core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz,
  • MacBookPro 11,1
  • Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • NVIDIA GeForce 2gb gtx 7400

Attachments

• ._Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 17.46.49.png
    4 KB · Views: 111
  • ._Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 17.57.54.png
    4 KB · Views: 115
  • ._Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 17.58.04.png
    4 KB · Views: 127
  • ._Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 17.46.49.png
    4 KB · Views: 114
  • ._Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 17.57.54.png
    4 KB · Views: 111
  • ._Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 17.58.04.png
    4 KB · Views: 123
Hey guys, I just successfully installed Sierra on my HP Pavillion laptop successfully. Everything is working okay except for the display, graphics and battery.The display brightness doesn't also show in the display preference pane. I successfully installed nVidia Web Drivers and CUBA and everything seems okay expect of the wrong VRAM for Intel and NVIDIA GPUs. Also I have tried every trick I could find on the internet regarding fixing the Ethernet without any success. Can anyone please help me figure out this problems. I have attached the screen shots also.
My system definitions are:
  • HP Pavillion 15, 15.6 inch display,
  • Intel core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz,
  • MacBookPro 11,1
  • Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • NVIDIA GeForce 2gb gtx 7400

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you so much for replying to my problems. I successfully installed everything okay except for graphics and batter status. The HD4400 graphics only works when I use PNLF in clover. The major problem is that my patched SSDT are not loaded even though I have done everything right, placed in the 'patched' folder, so all problems which can only be solved via ACPI patching am completely unable to solve them completely, even just disabling the integrated Nvidia GPU. also, I have a problem with sleep where everything works ok after waking except for the keyboard and touchpad freezing. Please help solve this issues.

The HD4400 graphics only works when I use PNLF in clover.

Wrong method to implement backlight control.
See correct method in guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

The major problem is that my patched SSDT are not loaded even though I have done everything right, placed in the 'patched' folder, so all problems which can only be solved via ACPI patching am completely unable to solve them completely,

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Wrong method to implement backlight control.
See correct method in guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
Thanks for replying. Here are the problem files. I was however unable to save the output for 'touch' command in file. please advice. Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Attachments

• Problem Files.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 109

Your ioreg is corrupt. Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully next time.

But the SSDT marked "this one is not being loaded.aml" is being loaded. It is SSDT-6.aml in your patchmatic -extract output.

Here, I have uploaded a new one, hope this will work.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    7.9 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Your ioreg is corrupt. Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully next time.

But the SSDT marked "this one is not being loaded.aml" is being loaded. It is SSDT-6.aml in your patchmatic -extract output.
Yeah it's being loaded, what I meant was its effect is not being realized. its meant to change the intergrated GPU to GFX1, but that is not happening in the registry you see.

So do I need to send another one or that will do, I can upload one now

The ioreg will simply show (via Clover bootlog) that the SSDT you think is not loading, is actually loading.
Why do you think it is not loading?

The ioreg will simply show (via Clover bootlog) that the SSDT you think is not loading, is actually loading.
Why do you think it is not loading?
You see its meant to change the name of the integrated GPU (Nvidia) to GFX1 but that is not happening, the GPU maintains its name in the reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back