CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
HD 530 IGFX; GIGABYTE RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry I'm a total newbie, only second step in the install instructions and already I'm stumped!!

The Disk Utility looks nothing like the one shown in the instructions? No Partition or GUID setting etc etc.

I have of course looked through the forum and have found something about this but I just cannot follow how to get the older utility to download and work so I can't format my USB !! Sorry in advance but could anyone help please?

yes. The instructions say to click partition 1 but a Pie Chart comes up, and there seems to be no way to set to GUID either? Thanks

Sorry I'm a total newbie, only second step in the install instructions and already I'm stumped!!

The Disk Utility looks nothing like the one shown in the instructions? No Partition or GUID setting etc etc.

I have of course looked through the forum and have found something about this but I just cannot follow how to get the older utility to download and work so I can't format my USB !! Sorry in advance but could anyone help please?
Select Erase and click the dropdown triangle for details - this is where you select GUID

Unfortunately, Apple has eviscerated Disk Utility's functionality in 10.11. The good news is that all of its previous functionality is possible in the Terminal. If you just need to erase a USB, it's easy.

Get the disk identifier for your USB drive (i.e., disk1, disk2):

Code:
diskutil list

Erase command:

Code:
diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ My\ USB\ Drive Name disk[1,2]

Thanks very much everyone - think I did it ok, disk says its formatted using guid.

Ended up with El Capitan installer and a folder called efi on the usb is that correct? Then I copied multibeast to it?

Thanks very much everyone - think I did it ok, disk says its formatted using guid.

Ended up with El Capitan installer and a folder called efi on the usb is that correct? Then I copied multibeast to it?

You got it! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back