CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
My first build, loving it. :)

When in OSX, my RAM in underreported.

I have 2 X 8G but OSX believes I have 2 X 4G. The speed of it is wrong as well. When I look in the BIOS the memory seen is ok.

How best to start debugging this?
I'm using Clover.

Last edited:
Just discovered that Geekbench 4 is reporting the proper amount of RAM. https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/1389268

Is it just a false report then, do I have 16G for use?

Basically yes, it does sound like a false report because software can 'see' the correct amount. You can use Clover to insert the correct details - there's a page/panel for that and you'll find links here on Tonymacx86 to instructions. Check the SMBIOS section of Clover Configurator. You can see what's needed there.

With your motherboard and CPU I wouldn't expect any real problems recognising memory at a hardware level. Something is just upsetting the OS X/macOS reporting function. Maybe the type/brand of memory or the dual GPUs. I'm not sure.

:)

Basically yes, it does sound like a false report because software can 'see' the correct amount. You can use Clover to insert the correct details - there's a page/panel for that and you'll find links here on Tonymacx86 to instructions. Check the SMBIOS section of Clover Configurator. You can see what's needed there.

With your motherboard and CPU I wouldn't expect any real problems recognising memory at a hardware level. Something is just upsetting the OS X/macOS reporting function. Maybe the type/brand of memory or the dual GPUs. I'm not sure.

:)

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, indeed. I saw afterwards that even Activity Monitor shows 16G, so no problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back