Graphics
Nvidia 240 fanless
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone I'm in a predicament with a friend at work I have a hackintosh for about 7 month wich I love mi friend wife have a macbook he have about $2000 to buy a imac I told him that he can build one with better specs and save money, so he ask me about it I explain him how it works, he says besides save money and upgrades what else? I told him that's about it isn't that enought? he ask me what about if they make a new snow leopard Lol I told him OS you mean, so I told him the true that I don't know if we will be able to run it but that most likely yes, since it will be running over the same imac hardware.

And that have me thinking would you guys buy a Imac over build a hackintosh if you have the $2000?, and why?

It depends.

I love my hackintosh but if it were for my wife I might spend the money on the iMac along with the apple care knowing you have piece of mind if anything goes wrong you have that support.

My wife doesn't like to fiddle around with computer issues. She likes it to just work and if it something happens she can have someone fix it right away.

You don't have to get an iMac. There is the Mac Mini, but by the time you add a screen, apple care, mouse and keyboard you could of got an iMac with a better video card for a few more bucks. The advantage with the Mac Mini is you could get any display for it where is with the iMac, the base model is 21.5".

eosman said:
It depends.

I love my hackintosh but if it were for my wife I might spend the money on the iMac along with the apple care knowing you have piece of mind if anything goes wrong you have that support.

My wife doesn't like to fiddle around with computer issues. She likes it to just work and if it something happens she can have someone fix it right away.

You don't have to get an iMac. There is the Mac Mini, but by the time you add a screen, apple care, mouse and keyboard you could of got an iMac with a better video card for a few more bucks. The advantage with the Mac Mini is you could get any display for it where is with the iMac, the base model is 21.5".

Thank you for your reply, any one else want to share it opinion?, it would be a good idea if more people do, it can be an sticky to help people take a decision.

Note: the base model iMac it's $1199.00 as of time of this post with that money a better hackintosh can be custom build, howeve not eveyone can do a custom build, and trouble shoot a hackintosh. But even if you could would you buy the iMac over a custom build hackintosh?

Share your opinion people :D

If it's for my personal use, definitely an Hackintosh. For my wife, an iMac.
Same explanation of eosman.

melon said:

just like me I bought my wife a macbook but I have my hackintosh :p

melon said:

+1 on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back