Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, i got this notebook with these specifies and i would like to install Lion:

CPU: Intel i5-460M 2.53Ghz;
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics + ATI Radeon HD 5470
Ram: 4 GB DDR3 1066Mhz
Mainboard: Hawlett-Packard 144A

I need advices from where to start. Thanks for the help.

Try with UniBeast with laptop support. Boot with cpus=1 -v. If it gets stuck at loading RealtekRTL81xx.kext or other LAN kexts, then graphics may not work fully with QE/CI. You'll have to see. If that happens, try booting with -x. If that doesn't work, delete all AppleIntelHD and AppleIntelSNB kexts on the UniBeast USB in /System/Library/Extensions. Get an external USB drive for installation. Install normally (format your HD, name it Lion), but after it's over, do not reboot. Open Utilites>Terminal at the menu bar. Type in the following:
cd /Volumes/Lion/System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf AppleIntelHD*
rm -rf AppleIntelSNB*
exit

Then force shut down using the power button. Boot up using cpus=1 -v. You will need a USB keyboard for setup. Once you setup fully, run MultiBeast. Most of the options depend on your hardware, but VoodooHDA should work for audio. Make sure you delete AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions before running MultiBeast. I'm pretty sure network will require RealtekRTL81xx. Make sure you select FakeSMC. Also select Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for Core i5 and SSDT for Core i5. Select Chimera as the bootloader. For a system definition. select MacBookPro6,1. After running MultiBeast, run the lapic_fix Kernel installer: lapic_fix Kernel - Downloads - OSx86.net This depends on your version of OS X, so at the Apple Menu>About This Mac will tell you what version of OS X you have. Select your version, then continue with installation. Reboot. Most stuff should be working by now. I will help you if graphics doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back