2. Other
Intel Core i5-2500k

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3

Corsair XMS3 8GB 1333Mhz

Sony Optiarc

Seagate Barracuda

Asus BT211

Would this work?

The K-Series processors don't make much sense in combination with the H67 chipset since the K-series CPUs allow for adjusting the multiplier but H67 doesn't support that.

So you could either get the non-K cpu and save some money or get a P67 or Z68 board.

You should also keep in mind that the K-series doesn't support VT-x and VT-d, which improve virtual machine performance (if you need that).

RAM: Get 1600MHz RAM. The price difference is negligible and you get more performance.

The integrated graphics are supported in Lion but not in Snow Leopard.

flatfoot said:
The K-Series processors don't make much sense in combination with the H67 chipset since the K-series CPUs allow for adjusting the multiplier but H67 doesn't support that.

So you could either get the non-K cpu and save some money or get a P67 or Z68 board.

You should also keep in mind that the K-series doesn't support VT-x and VT-d, which improve virtual machine performance (if you need that).

RAM: Get 1600MHz RAM. The price difference is negligible and you get more performance.

2500K and 2600K support VT-x but not VT-d.

Jamesbond007 said:
flatfoot said:

2500K and 2600K support VT-x but not VT-d.

Sorry, my bad. But the point is the same: VT-d helps virtual machines.

Ok but will the computer work without a graphics card
im going to upgrade to lion straight away but will the OS work

BlAkOuT1996 said:
Ok but will the computer work without a graphics card
im going to upgrade to lion straight away but will the OS work

What do you mean by "straight away"? Without installing Snow Leopard? Then graphics should work since it's all Lion.

what i mean is will snow leopard boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back