Contribute
Register

Would this be the appropriate way to delete Clover Bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell
CPU
Intel® Core™ i3-6100U
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If I erase the Hard Drive, will it delete the Clover Bootloader and the EFI Partition? I'm assuming it should because you're erasing everything on the disk. Is it even possible to delete it, does it override the BIOS?

If you want to make sure you have deleted everything and have a Windows machine handy, use diskpart utility to clean the drive.

If you want to make sure you have deleted everything and have a Windows machine handy, use diskpart utility to clean the drive.
So, erasing the specified hard drive will delete the bootloader, is that correct?

You can do this in Mac OS with Disk Utility app. Select the Disk (not Volume) and Erase it with MS-DOS and a MBR scheme. This will completely remove the EFI partition and you can then reformat the disk to whatever you need.

So, erasing the specified hard drive will delete the bootloader, is that correct?
Depends on how you erase it with what app. The Mac OS Disk Utility will always create an EFI partition if there is not one already and will not erase the contents of one already present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back