Contribute
Register

Would my Dell inspiron 17 7000 be hackintosh-able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what work or don't on 7559? I mean something like status on that model.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I have 13 inch variant of this laptop. Pretty much got everything working but
no sound, brightness controlls does not work and no webcam.
Any suggestions ?

Hey, thanks for the response.
Indeed went through all of the topics and still haven't figured out the issue. Started to think that my DSDT patching is just plain wrong, but I always end up with multiple errors while using your standart laptop patches.

Backlight control guide is linked from the FAQ.
Also info in the FAQ on patched AppleHDA.
ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ.
Your webcam issue, as noted in the FAQ is likely a USB problem. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Work on one problem at a time.

Backlight control guide is linked from the FAQ.
Also info in the FAQ on patched AppleHDA.
ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ.
Your webcam issue, as noted in the FAQ is likely a USB problem. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
Work on one problem at a time.

Thanks for the guidance. Managed to solve USB problems - Webcam, Bluetooth, Touch Screen started to work great.
Still cant get Audio/Brightness to work - I know it is Realtek ALC3234 (0x10ec0255) - ALC255 Codec.
For shure I have a problem with patching my DSDT. I always end up with problem while decompiling them (Everytime ends up with multiple error messages). Can I upload my dump / clover and you can try to decompile them/take a look at them ?

Thanks for the guidance. Managed to solve USB problems - Webcam, Bluetooth, Touch Screen started to work great.
Still cant get Audio/Brightness to work - I know it is Realtek ALC3234 (0x10ec0255) - ALC255 Codec.
For shure I have a problem with patching my DSDT. I always end up with problem while decompiling them (Everytime ends up with multiple error messages). Can I upload my dump / clover and you can try to decompile them/take a look at them ?

Make sure you disassemble as per ACPI patching guide.

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the guide (see post #703).

Make sure you disassemble as per ACPI patching guide.

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the guide (see post #703).

It was a pain, but my Dell is now a fully functional mac. (Except Card Reader as expected).
Working on the guide rn. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back