Contribute
Register

Would my Dell inspiron 17 7000 be hackintosh-able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, this looks like chinese to me. I'll try to figure out what all this is. Thank you for the link

You don't have the laptop yet, right?

Nah not yet, i just wanted to get all of this out of the way before it does arrive

Nah not yet, i just wanted to get all of this out of the way before it does arrive

Hackintosh is a "learn by doing" sort of thing...

yah i guess you're right, I'll just figure out the right settings when I get it. btw, will choosing the wrong settings mess up anything to where I'd have to reinstall everything all over, or will it just disable certain things - and I just keep trying different combos?

yah i guess you're right, I'll just figure out the right settings when I get it. btw, will choosing the wrong settings mess up anything to where I'd have to reinstall everything all over, or will it just disable certain things - and I just keep trying different combos?

You will likely end up "starting over" several times...

Just for a little clarity, since i won't be using dsdt, I won't choose the dsdt option on the multi beast option, correct? So as an alternative, do I just skip that and choose the easy option? And if so do I use what you recommended as an alternative? Not really sure how to use it yet.

"You should be aware of what kind of CPU you have. A Sandy Bridge CPU will be Core iX-2xxx[U|M|QM]. An Ivy Bridge CPU will be a Core iX-3xxx[U|M|QM]. Know what the exact CPU is in your laptop and provide it in your profile. Just saying "I have a laptop with an i5" is not helpful."

My cpu is "Intel Core i5-4200U Processor" so would that be Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge? I think it may be Haswell if I'm not mistaken. I guess it would be best to find out when it comes in the mail;will i be able to find that out when it comes?

and what is "chamelon wizard" and where would I find it? You mentioned it in the article in order to make a smbios.plist
-also the probook installer. not sure where or what that is, in order to make a "SSDT" The sooner i find out what those are I'll be able to start using them

"You should be aware of what kind of CPU you have. A Sandy Bridge CPU will be Core iX-2xxx[U|M|QM]. An Ivy Bridge CPU will be a Core iX-3xxx[U|M|QM]. Know what the exact CPU is in your laptop and provide it in your profile. Just saying "I have a laptop with an i5" is not helpful."

My cpu is "Intel Core i5-4200U Processor" so would that be Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge? I think it may be Haswell if I'm not mistaken. I guess it would be best to find out when it comes in the mail;will i be able to find that out when it comes?

Haswell. The track record for Haswell is not good so far; it is early days though.

and what is "chamelon wizard" and where would I find it? You mentioned it in the article in order to make a smbios.plist

Google works well for finding things. You will use it a lot in your hackintosh efforts.

-also the probook installer. not sure where or what that is, in order to make a "SSDT" The sooner i find out what those are I'll be able to start using them

Again... google.

So you think I'm gonna have an issue if indeed it is a Haswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back