Contribute
Register

Would my computer be compatible for a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 4460 @ 3.1Ghz
Graphics
GTX 960 (2GB)
PC here. If this is qualified for a hackintosh, could you guys help me on my other thread linked here?

PC Specs if you don't trust my links:
  • 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5-4460 Quad-Core
  • 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 with 2GB GDDR5
  • 1TB 7200 rpm HDD

I would guess that Asus used one of their H81M motherboards in that PC. It should work. Better to have Asus for your motherboard than something like Pegatron which you find in most Dell pre-built desktops.

I would guess that Asus used one of their H81M motherboards in that PC. It should work. Better to have Asus for your motherboard than something like Pegatron which you find in most Dell pre-built desktops.
Awesomesauce! Luckily I'm on Windows right now, I swiftly downloaded Speccy to check my motherboard, would this happen to be one of the H81Ms that are compatible?
cb7ee4.png

Click where it shows Motherboard in speccy to get more info.

Yes, it has UEFI so it should work.

One thing to note, Some of those lower end ASUS H81 Boards has issues with instant reboots at the desktop when having Intel Virtualization Technology enabled in there BIOS even tho dart=0 is added to config under Boot args. Only way to fix this problem is to disabled Intel Virtualization Technology in the BIOS. Or patching the BIOS can fix it also. Another thing is that boot from the Pen Drive in UEFI causes a failed boot. So recommend booting from the USB in Legacy until you get to the Post Install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back